Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?

Go down 
+3
Joesfiddy
sophijo
Motonoob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Motonoob

Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? Empty
PostSubject: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Went to the dealer today to check out the WR250R wings today!

Sat on the bike "Which was up pretty high (I'm going to need to seriously lower it if I can get it) and I couldn't stop smiling. Such an awesome feeling bow 

The bike the dealer was selling is a 2012 leftover. This is a big dealer so I guess it's not entirely impossible to have a leftover that old. dunno 

Here's the deal and the kicker. They have the bike regularly priced at $6,599 plus fees still. They have a sale on going for $1200 off putting it at around $5,399 yaaay! Lets do this BABY! but wait it still comes with the $600 bucks in fees and other fees on top of that. OTD I was quoted about $6,300-$6,400. scratch 

Just wanted to know what you guys think about that and if it's a good buy or not and what do you suggest it be brought at?

Thanks for all help dudes! thumb  I really like this bike. I sat on the Ninja 300, CBR250, CBR500R, DRZ650 which was onsale for ($6,300) and I can't stop thinking about this bike.

Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: new bike   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:05 pm

That's probably a little high. If you're willing to drive a couple of hours you can probably pick up quite a few more dealers to look at. Some dealers don't charge set-up fees etc but start out a little higher. Also if you going to finance the bike that's a big deal. Dealer financing through the manufacturer is usually higher than your local credit union, with a shorter term. I just bought a new 2011 for $5700 out the door.
Back to top Go down
Joesfiddy

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 am

I bought a brand new 2013 last may for $7200 otd but had to pay setup fee and transportation fees and tax title and license
Back to top Go down
Motonoob

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah what I'm thinking is that this bike is basically 2 years old. The price of the Sale they have is $5399 after a Yamaha rebate. So after Title work and tags it's $5,799 they're basically trying to pull an extra $600 bucks off the sale. I don't think a 2yearold bike is worth the same base price as a 2014 model brand new. New or not the bike still has 2years of depreciation on it's value. Makes sense why the bikes been sitting there all these years it's pretty expensive for a 250 after all those fees. Even with their "promotion" it's still pretty much just "regular price." The Blue Book value on the bike is currently only $4,820. Soon as I would have purchased it I'd already be down about $1,500.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi,
Set up and freight charges are already figured into the MSRP. I bought my 08 in 10 with no Yamaha incentives for 4500 plus tax and title, no haggling, it was the price they quoted on my first call. The dealer didn't know me from Adam and was 100 miles from me. I would decide what your willing to pay and make an offer and if they don't take it, walk. If your not happy with what you paid for the bike it will always be in the back of your mind that you got screwed over every time you look at the bike.
Back to top Go down
Motonoob

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 pm

miniceptor86 wrote:
Hi,
Set up and freight charges are already figured into the MSRP.  I bought my 08 in 10 with no Yamaha incentives for 4500 plus tax and title, no haggling, it was the price they quoted on my first call.  The dealer didn't know me from Adam and was 100 miles from me.  I would decide what your willing to pay and make an offer and if they don't take it, walk.  If your not happy with what you paid for the bike it will always be in the back of your mind that you got screwed over every time you look at the bike.  
Yeah, that is a good point. I will be brutally honest though I would feel jipped paying any kind of freight or prep fee. I'm not paying delivery expenses for a bike I didn't order that's already sitting in the store and I'm not paying for them to pull the bike out the box, dust it off, and roll it into the show room. One day I'm going to tell the dealer "I'll pick the bike up at the dock myself and prep it. Tell them to just leave it in the shipping container."
Back to top Go down
boblj22

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 am

If you can get to Alaska, you can get a 2012 NEW, zero miles for $5K. Like I did last week. Can't wait to ride!
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 am

I'd offer the dealer $5k OTD.  Leave your phone # and tell them to call you when they are ready to negotiate seriously.  It's a 2 year old bike that is gathering dust on their sales floor.  Then keep looking around, I'm sure you can run across a better deal.  When I was looking for one of these, I saw quite a few '12s on Craigslist, new at dealers, for about $5-$5.5K.  I picked up my '12 used with 348 miles on it for $5k.
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:56 am

Tell them you will gladly pay the fees but they must be removed from the purchase price. My salesman went back to the managers office twice on this but in the end I got it for my price and not theirs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?   Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey guy need some help figuring out if this bike is a deal?
Page 1 of 1