Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Safari Tank Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kabulpostie

Safari Tank Help Empty
PostSubject: Safari Tank Help   Safari Tank Help EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:49 am

Good Morning and Happy Easter All.
Not sure if this is in the right spot, but I'll try here first. HAve had my 08 for a couple of weeks now and have started farkling and catching up on maintenance.  I found a Safari tank on e-bay and "won" it cause you know winning means spending more than anyone else is willing too. So I started on the tank yesterday not realizing I was missing some pieces..Primarily the left side shroud, the relief valve baffle, T fitting and I think a piece or two of tubing.

I was able to make a relief valve baffle, unless there is way more to it than pictures indicate. I would like to get the rest of the pieces or even a list of what comes with a new kit.

I sent an e-mail to Safari but as it is a holiday weekend I won't know anything until later. Little bummed I wont be riding, but I have learned a lesson..

The picture shows what I received from the ebay vendor. Literally the tank and thats it, should there be another hose that attaches inside?

Thanks for any help or even "everyone knows you ask about all the parts before you buy, jeeze didn't you do any research?" comments:)
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

Safari Tank Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank Help   Safari Tank Help EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

From memory, there should be a length of vacuum hose, a t-piece, the baffle as you mention, fuel cap and gasket and breather hose, the altered plastic electrics/coolant bottle cover and some zip ties.

The vacuum pump delivery hose has to be tied to the pump frame so that fuel is pumped into the reservoir under the pump unit.

I think that's about it.
Back to top Go down

Safari Tank Help
Page 1 of 1