Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what skid plate do you run?

Go down 
+3
mcdoudlehopper
N8
ADVFTW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ADVFTW

ADVFTW

what skid plate do you run? Empty
PostSubject: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey everyone, in the market for a new skidplate and was curious as to what everyone is running, post your pictures! lets see those bad boys
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Go Flatland or go home!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 pm

I run a Moose but am intrigued on the holes in the flat land. There plate may not have as much resonant engine noise with the holes. Considered drilling holes in mine like the flat land.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Flatland works great, mounts easy, sprayed it with gravel guard inside and out, cuts the noise down, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
JS5Owner

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 am

Ricochet!  I love it and it has saved my case for sure.  BTW, I purchased some "tool box" liner from Harbor Freight and used spray adhesive to attach it to the entire top side.  Cuts the sound amplification coming up from the plate considerably.

what skid plate do you run? Unders11
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:23 pm

I have the zeta skid plate, its a little thinner than the others but has held up fine, it was cheaper and easier for me to get through the local dealer.

I fixed the noise from it vibrating against the frame by the back of the motor accidently by denting and slightly bending the plate away from the frame a touch on a rock. poser2
Back to top Go down
ADVFTW

ADVFTW

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 6:05 pm

thanks everyone for the input, I opted to go with the Flatland racing, seems like the majority of members on here like it.
Back to top Go down
Lillriko

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 pm

I run Moose. I love it. I've beat the heck out of it. I like it because it slides off rock easier than the aluminum ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what skid plate do you run?   what skid plate do you run? Empty

Back to top Go down

what skid plate do you run?
Page 1 of 1