Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GlibGuy

GlibGuy

Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? Empty
PostSubject: Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?   Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:07 pm

I installed a set of aftermarket pegs that were 20 mm lower and 25 mm further back than stock.  Now my feet don't comfortably work the shifter very well and the brake pedal is way off!  Nothing in the manual about an adjustment for either so I'm reaching out for help.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?   Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:24 pm

The shift lever is splined, so you can remove it & install it one spline down. The brake lever actuates by a threaded rod, you can adjust it shorter which will lower the pedal some.
Back to top Go down
GlibGuy

GlibGuy

PostSubject: Re: Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?   Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks.  Looks like I'll have to remove my skid plate to get to the bolt on the back of the shift lever(?).  

I'm wondering if anyone has installed these pegs (200mm lower and 25mm moved back) and might wish to comment on whether there is going to be enough adjustment?  Seems likely for the shift lever but the brake lever doesn't appear to have much room up or down.  I wear a size 46  big off-road boot and I have a 31" inseam.

I like the way these pegs feel while I'm just riding along and they're nice for standing as it makes the stock bars about the right height for me.  I may have to go back to the stock pegs, however, if I can't get some adjustment especially on the brake lever.

4play wrote:
The shift lever is splined, so you can remove it & install it one spline down. The brake lever actuates by a threaded rod, you can adjust it shorter which will lower the pedal some.
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?   Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:57 am

With stock footpegs and brake lever, the brake lever was so far up that I had to lift my entire leg to get my foot onto it. It was hardly convenient, and I'd often brake way to hard. I tried adjusting it, but there's really no room. Part A on the picture will interfere with the brake lever.
So what I did was, I simply cut away a bit of the bottom of part A. In fact, I cut it exactly across the hole to the locking pin. Now I can move the lever much further down. Since part A and B are both threaded, you can easily lock them together, and not worry about the locking pin not being there anymore. If you want to be extra sure they don't vibrate loose, you could always use a bit of locktite.

Sorry about the horrendous image quality. My old phone really doesn't care about macro photos.

Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? XgKIiTs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?   Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can the shift lever and brake pedal be lowered?
Page 1 of 1