Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

bike bogs bad HELP!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mountainbike91

mountainbike91

bike bogs bad HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:39 pm

i have a 2012 wr250r 3500 miles, slip on yosi pipe, air box mod, bike ran great.

Problem; when i snap the throttle the bike bogs bad then it revs up like its should. it shuts off when i snap the throttle when its cold and bogs very bad when it warm. the bike was running fine then i stopped to get a drink and when i started it back up and when to take off the bike bogged bad in first gear and now does it in every gear.

things i checked; first i replaced the gas from a different station,
checked valve clearance, was in spec.
checked all connectors and vacuum lines all good
checked carb boot thing
put in new spark plug with proper gap

things i think it could be; coil, fuel pump (doubt it though), fuel injector, throttle position sensor, ecu, how do i test these things

i spoke to mechanics at shops and no one knows what it could be, so if anyone could please guide me in a direction to look i would really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
mountainbike91

mountainbike91

PostSubject: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 pm

i have a 2012 wr250r 3500 miles, slip on yosi pipe, air box mod, bike ran great.

Problem; when i snap the throttle the bike bogs bad then it revs up like its should. it shuts off when i snap the throttle when its cold and bogs very bad when it warm. the bike was running fine then i stopped to get a drink and when i started it back up and when to take off the bike bogged bad in first gear and now does it in every gear.

things i checked; first i replaced the gas from a different station,
checked valve clearance, was in spec.
checked all connectors and vacuum lines all good
checked carb boot thing
put in new spark plug with proper gap

things i think it could be; coil, fuel pump (doubt it though), fuel injector, throttle position sensor, ecu, how do i test these things

i spoke to mechanics at shops and no one knows what it could be, so if anyone could please guide me in a direction to look i would really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:58 pm

So is the Power Commander currently hooked up to the bike or not?

If it is not and it was running well before I would put it back on.

So a couple of things that came to mind.

- You know any one that you could borrow a fuel pump from?
- What battery voltage at idle? A friend of mine dropped a cell on his battery and the bike would bog since there is not enough juice to run the fuel pump when the bike is near idle. I think the voltage should be in the neighborhood of 12.8 at idle. If a cell is out on the battery the voltage will dip under load (aka fuel pump) once the motor spins up the stator begins to make more than enough power and the system voltage comes back up. Any shop should be able to load test your battery.
- Possible bad coil pack on the plug?
Back to top Go down
mountainbike91

mountainbike91

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:26 pm

rsteiger wrote:

- What battery voltage at idle?  A friend of mine dropped a cell on his battery and the bike would bog since there is not enough juice to run the fuel pump when the bike is near idle.  I think the voltage should be in the neighborhood of 12.8 at idle.  If a cell is out on the battery the voltage will dip under load (aka fuel pump) once the motor spins up the stator begins to make more than enough power and the system voltage comes back up.  Any shop should be able to load test your battery.

i had powercommander v with autotune on the bike for a whole year so far no problem at all, this problem just started the other day, so i took the powercommander set up out thinking it went bed or something but when it was out the problem is still there, so then i hooked it all back up still did the bogging and once again took it off and its still off now and still bogging. but took it off to see if that was the problem
i also change my oil to the point it looks the same going in as it does draining i ues the right weight and how do i check spark to make sure its strong
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 pm

mountainbike91 wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

- What battery voltage at idle?  A friend of mine dropped a cell on his battery and the bike would bog since there is not enough juice to run the fuel pump when the bike is near idle.  I think the voltage should be in the neighborhood of 12.8 at idle.  If a cell is out on the battery the voltage will dip under load (aka fuel pump) once the motor spins up the stator begins to make more than enough power and the system voltage comes back up.  Any shop should be able to load test your battery.

i had powercommander v with autotune on the bike for a whole year so far no problem at all, this problem just started the other day, so i took the powercommander set up out thinking it went bed or something but when it was out the problem is still there, so then i hooked it all back up still did the bogging and once again took it off and its still off now and still bogging. but took it off to see if that was the problem
i also change my oil to the point it looks the same going in as it does draining i ues the right weight and how do i check spark to make sure its strong

Battery voltage at idle?
Back to top Go down
mountainbike91

mountainbike91

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:27 am

rsteiger wrote:
mountainbike91 wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

Battery voltage at idle?

off is 12.7 at idle is 14.14 stable
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:52 am

Check battery terminals for clean & tight ?

Air filter is good & clean ?

Does bike have a Fuel Programmer of some sort ?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
mountainbike91

mountainbike91

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am

WAIT i just woke up and something clicked in my head... i got a new clutch lever that dosent have the hole for the clutch button so i unpluged the button off the bike, this just meens that i can start the bike in gear without holding the clutch, i just realized that the bike wont start in gear even holding the clutch it use to start in gear with the new lever now this problem is happening and the bike wont start in gear, any relations to the bike not knowing what gear it in and thats y im having bogging issues?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:26 am

mountainbike91 wrote:
WAIT i just woke up and something clicked in my head... i got a new clutch lever that dosent have the hole for the clutch button so i unpluged the button off the bike, this just meens that i can start the bike in gear without holding the clutch, i just realized that the bike wont start in gear even holding the clutch it use to start in gear with the new lever now this problem is happening and the bike wont start in gear, any relations to the bike not knowing what gear it in and thats y im having bogging issues?

I think you are talking about the clutch safety switch.  I believe you can bypass those pretty easy.

Not sure how that would create the bogging issue (maybe poor contact??) but it probably would be worth the time to do the bypass.

Check out this link:

http://rydnseekbike.blogspot.com/2010/11/clutch-switch-problem.html
Back to top Go down
mountainbike91

mountainbike91

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:46 pm

GT-250 wrote:
Check battery terminals for clean & tight ?

Air filter is good & clean ?

Does bike have a Fuel Programmer of some sort ?

Cheers.

battey is cleaned and did have a programmer in it and the bike ran perfect then i started to have this bogging problem so i throught it was the programmer so i took it out and the bike still boggs the same so i know the programmer is fine but it not in the bike now so idk were to go with this problem?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 pm

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t10801-bike-bogs-bad-help <-- multiple threads -- please consolidate

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bike bogs bad HELP!!!   bike bogs bad HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

bike bogs bad HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1