Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
r6realtor

r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l Empty
PostSubject: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:02 am

since I am getting like 4 or 5 pm a week on this I figured I would just post up some info on the bar end mirrors that i do on all my bikes(crf250l and 2 wr250r's)
here is the link for the mirrors themselves
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171224875432...84.m1439.l2649
where I say the little plastic thingy from yamaha that is wrong, that is where the metal sleeves go, you can use the stock rubber covers from the yami and honda mirrors.

you need two M10x1.25x75 bolts and two steel metal sleeves that will cover about 75% of those bolts, drill out the mirrors to the appropriate sizes to put the bolt through, slide the sleeves over the bolts and tighten down.
r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l YeeaWwL
r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l FbXJQND
r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l O6GgxdN
r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l 6knxxgP
r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l Kv5OpCT
r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l Wc66dOA
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:11 pm

Has anyone else been successful in making these mirrors fit our bikes? Specifically, where can one find a reverse thread bolt to attach the right mirror to the stock perch?
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:28 pm

johnkol wrote:
Has anyone else been successful in making these mirrors fit our bikes? Specifically, where can one find a reverse thread bolt to attach the right mirror to the stock perch?

Honestly if you plan to run hand guards this is a way better alternative and just cap off the stock mirror holes

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:10 pm

r6realtor wrote:
Honestly if you plan to run hand guards this is a way better alternative and just cap off the stock mirror holes

I had seen those PowerMadd mirrors, but they require hand guards with pre-drilled holes; my hand guards don't have any holes, and I do not feel comfortable drilling them.

Apart from incospicuousness, are the PowerMadd mirrors superior to the bar end ones you had?
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:47 pm

johnkol wrote:
r6realtor wrote:

I had seen those PowerMadd mirrors, but they require hand guards with pre-drilled holes; my hand guards don't have any holes, and I do not feel comfortable drilling them.

Apart from incospicuousness, are the PowerMadd mirrors superior to the bar end ones you had?
I will say they are much tougher considering they're plastic so they handle off road much better they just bounce right back in a fall, they're an OK mirror but nothing is better than the ugly huge stock ones for actually seeing behind you.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 2:46 am

r6realtor wrote:
I will say they are much tougher considering they're plastic so they handle off road much better they just bounce right back in a fall, they're an OK mirror but nothing is better than the ugly huge stock ones for actually seeing behind you.

Unfortunately, the stock mirrors do not work for me: I ride with the levers tilted downwards (elbows up), so the mirrors point so much forward that they do not have enough adjustment range to point them backwards.

I actually got these small ones from eBay, but I could not make them work, and then I bought the DRC ones that I still have on the bike; these work fine, but I am looking for smaller ones, and your post convinced me that the bar end ones would work.

Where did you source a reverse thread bolt?
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:58 am

johnkol wrote:
r6realtor wrote:

Unfortunately, the stock mirrors do not work for me: I ride with the levers tilted downwards (elbows up), so the mirrors point so much forward that they do not have enough adjustment range to point them backwards.

I actually got these small ones from eBay, but I could not make them work, and then I bought the DRC ones that I still have on the bike; these work fine, but I am looking for smaller ones, and your post convinced me that the bar end ones would work.

Where did you source a reverse thread bolt?
those are not reverse thread, I picked those up from ace hardware and they screwed right in, I have done this to 4 w250r's now. sure would be much easier to drill one little whole in your hand guards and put the powermadds in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l   r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l Empty

Back to top Go down

r6realtor mirror mod wr250r and crf250l
Page 1 of 1