Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

seat concept foam hight question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
niki_ford

seat concept foam hight question Empty
PostSubject: seat concept foam hight question   seat concept foam hight question EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi looking to buy a seat concept from sr moto and was wondering if the foam hight really makes a difference... I'm 120lbs and installing a yamalink on my bike today.. should I go for the extra 3/4 of an inch lower with the lower seat? Just wondering if you can feel the difference between thickness of the seats
Back to top Go down
niki_ford

PostSubject: Re: seat concept foam hight question   seat concept foam hight question EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:51 pm

http://soloracer.com/wr250rseat.html

That's the link to see what seat I'm talking about
Back to top Go down
JS5Owner

PostSubject: Re: seat concept foam hight question   seat concept foam hight question EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 pm

niki_ford wrote:
Hi looking to buy a seat concept from sr moto and was wondering if the foam hight really makes a difference... I'm 120lbs and installing a yamalink on my bike today.. should I go for the extra 3/4 of an inch lower with the lower seat? Just wondering if you can feel the difference between thickness of the seats

For me it was worth it... it lowers you AND it widens the "butt space" (technical term ) so more of you is on the seat. Much better for long distances.
Back to top Go down
garlicrider65

PostSubject: Re: seat concept foam hight question   seat concept foam hight question EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:46 pm

I replaced my standard Seat Concepts seat with a low seat on my WRR and rode 500 miles in the Bridgeport area last week. The 3/4 inch height reduction provided by the low seat made a big difference in downhill, low speed, rocky, steep, technical areas where paddling and dabbing were needed. I had previously done the stock lowering and had installed a Yamalink, but the bike was still too high for me in those situations which is why I just got the low seat. The Seat Concepts low seat is as comfortable, if not more so, than the standard Seat Concepts seat. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs.
Back to top Go down
niki_ford

PostSubject: Re: seat concept foam hight question   seat concept foam hight question EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:24 pm

That's awesome.. I just installed a yamalink too and did some sag and other adjustments... just a hair to tall for me still.. that's why I was wondering if the low foam made a difference.. but thanks, I think I'm going to order it right now.. and I don't put much weight in the bike.. I am 5'6" and only 125 lbs with all riding gear.. so I don't make much of a dent when I sit on it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seat concept foam hight question   seat concept foam hight question Empty

Back to top Go down

seat concept foam hight question
Page 1 of 1