Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
speersie

speersie

Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition Empty
PostSubject: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:54 am

Hi Guys.

I have been looking into the fuel programmers for my 2014 WR250R. Mainly working my way through the forums and peoples experiences. Being from Australia and from the country there are not a huge number of places to get information from. Plus the prices in Australia are over the top and ordering locally is not cost effective.

I was wondering if anyone has been using the Power Commander V Fuel and Ignition Part Number 22-043.

Is this programmer worth the extra $20 compared to the fuel only model I guess this is a newer model? Is there just more stuff to mess with that I could break my bike. I know there are maps made to suit a lot of mods but want to make sure the bike reliable and not doing any unknown damage. I am assuming the Ignition settings can be left at stock so in theory if you don't change them it will not hurt anything although the maps provided may already have changes to the ignition. The main reason I am asking is I have seen some sites offering reasonable discounts on the PCV under the $300 US for both models but not all sites stock both and as I have to factor in shipping I am trying to do my homework on a product I have had no experience with. You guys on the forum seem to have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help.

I would love to throw money at my bike and grab the auto tune feature too but well that isn't going to happen anytime soon. So at this stage I am looking at an FMF Powerbomb, Q4 and a PCV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
speersie
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:59 am

IMHO, the timing function would most benefit a modified engine being tuned on a dyno where they can detect not only peak power but detonation. I would love to see my ignition optimized for my engine, but at the same time there is some comfort know the current curve is most likely conservation enough to protect the engine when I'm working it really hard on a long snotty hill climb or a deep sand wash

Last edited by 4play on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Since you are looking at just fuel control and no other features, the powercommander FC (fuel controller) might be a more appealing option it looks and functions the same and even runs PCV maps and can be had for as little as 200 US dollars and has the benefit of storing 10 maps plus the stock tune.
Wish I wasn't the only guinea pig lol, I have just installed one (stock bike) and am impressed with the value
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 pm

blusmoke wrote:
Since you are looking at just fuel control and no other features, the powercommander FC (fuel controller) might be a more appealing option it looks and functions the same and even runs PCV maps and can be had for as little as 200 US dollars and has the benefit of storing 10 maps plus the stock tune.
Wish I wasn't the only guinea pig lol, I have just installed one (stock bike) and am impressed with the value

Thanks blusmoke. I have been watching your posts and wondered how it will go. My biggest problem is buying these new toys sight unseen. I hope you have good news so we can follow your lead.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks Speerie,
Glad people are watching, yes I am a deal hunter and when I stumbled upon the juiceboxpro it sounded really good, then I started researching and was able to conclude that it is in fact a powercommander product. I will try to get some pics and stuff up of it connected to a laptop showing how it works, so far so good. I wish I could meet with someone who has worked with the PC-V and can see what i have and compare it with theirs to find out where the similarities end but i think the unit even uses the same housing as the PC-V.
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:28 pm

speersie wrote:
Hi Guys.

I have been looking into the fuel programmers for my 2014 WR250R. Mainly working my way through the forums and peoples experiences. Being from Australia and from the country there are not a huge number of places to get information from. Plus the prices in Australia are over the top and ordering locally is not cost effective.

I was wondering if anyone has been using the Power Commander V Fuel and Ignition Part Number 22-043.

Is this programmer worth the extra $20 compared to the fuel only model I guess this is a newer model? Is there just more stuff to mess with that I could break my bike. I know there are maps made to suit a lot of mods but want to make sure the bike reliable and not doing any unknown damage. I am assuming the Ignition settings can be left at stock so in theory if you don't change them it will not hurt anything although the maps provided may already have changes to the ignition. The main reason I am asking is I have seen some sites offering reasonable discounts on the PCV under the $300 US for both models but not all sites stock both and as I have to factor in shipping I am trying to do my homework on a product I have had no experience with. You guys on the forum seem to have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help.

I would love to throw money at my bike and grab the auto tune feature too but well that isn't going to happen anytime soon. So at this stage I am looking at an FMF Powerbomb, Q4 and a PCV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
speersie

I have the exact mods that you have mentioned on a 13' WRR. I am also from Australia.

I haven't touched the ignition maps and am running map 9 off PC website for the WR250R/X and there was a huge jump in power and throttle response.

Where abouts in Aus are you from?
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:43 pm

alexWR wrote:

I have the exact mods that you have mentioned on a 13' WRR. I am also from Australia.

I haven't touched the ignition maps and am running map 9 off PC website for the WR250R/X and there was a huge jump in power and throttle response.

Where abouts in Aus are you from?

Hi alexWR

I am from Dubbo in NSW.

I was hoping to liven the bike up a little. Did you buy the PCV with fuel and ignition and if so are you running a standard PCV fuel only map or one made for the fuel and ignition. I am still new to all of this. I am leaning towards the PCFC that blusmoke has he mentions it here https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11014-power-commander-fc knocking a bit off the price wouldn't hurt and I doubt I will ever get the autotune nor play with the ignition.

I am still looking to order the exhaust and have found a decent price online at http://www.ridersdiscount.com/
Although http://www.discount-moto-direct.com/ are not far behind them.
Did you get your part in Australia or order online. Most places even online in Australia seem to be asking high prices.

Thanks for your feedback and where abouts are you form?
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 pm

I am from Wollongong.

I bought the model with both, but the map I downloaded has no changes made in the ignition tables. I hope to eventually get the auto tune module for future use/mods.

I got my PCV from solomotoparts who were pretty good (few little hiccups but customer service was great).

The exhaust I just picked up on ebay for real cheap, powerbomb and Q4 for $200 (needed some modification as it had been cut and welded).
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:04 pm

alexWR wrote:
I am from Wollongong.

I bought the model with both, but the map I downloaded has no changes made in the ignition tables. I hope to eventually get the auto tune module for future use/mods.

I got my PCV from solomotoparts who were pretty good (few little hiccups but customer service was great).

The exhaust I just picked up on ebay for real cheap, powerbomb and Q4 for $200 (needed some modification as it had been cut and welded).

Did you get the exhaust not long ago? I saw one a few weeks or so ago that someone had modified for some sort of kart. I was keen and thinking about how bad it was modified and how I could get it. Haha you have to be quick.
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:05 pm

speersie wrote:
alexWR wrote:
I am from Wollongong.

Did you get the exhaust not long ago? I saw one a few weeks or so ago that someone had modified for some sort of kart. I was keen and thinking about how bad it was modified and how I could get it. Haha you have to be quick.

Thats the one! cost me $95 to get it straight and fitted with a bung for the o2 as they are US model pipe and don't have them standard.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:07 pm

alexWR wrote:

Thats the one! cost me $95 to get it straight and fitted with a bung for the o2 as they are US model pipe and don't have them standard.

Damn you and me being too far away. Good spot glad someone put it to use.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 4:56 am

Thought I would share a good discount I have found for the weekend. Know if I had know to hold off a week and a half I would have saved $50. Ah well thought someone else may benefit.
https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v-dual-sport/dirt/
PCV with fuel and ignition are on sale for $260 and the speedo healer is also on sale for $60. Motomummy was the cheapest before the discount with international order only costing $30 shipping and of course free shipping to the US.

Hope someone finds this useful.

speersie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition   Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Commander Fuel only VS Fuel and Ignition
Page 1 of 1