Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Power Commander III USB fuel maps

Go down 
+2
INSTIGATOR
Machtig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Machtig

Power Commander III USB fuel maps Empty
PostSubject: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm starting this thread in the hopes of building a database of sorts of what fuel maps folks with the PCIII USB fuel programmer are using.

I'd like to be able to post the map file as an attachment in the thread, but I don't think it is possible on this forum (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

I think if you list a map, you should note what modifications have been done to your engine.

I'll start. My '08 R² has the FMF header and Q4 silencer, airbox flapper mod, EXUP delete with Steve's servo sub fix, AIS delete, and for Rowdy's map, I removed the airbox door, but I'm not happy with the increased drone because of that. I have run both Rusty21's map and Rowdy's map, both of which are available by pm'ing me or in this thread. The thread also lists what mods both of those have. Rowdy's map was built with the help of a power programmer tuning center/dyno

I'm currently running Rowdy's map, with my airbox door removed, and while it does seem to pull stronger off the line, it seems to lack the freeway grunt of Rusty's map.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Have you tried wkbrdrsmooth2 map???
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm

INSTIGATOR wrote:
Have you tried wkbrdrsmooth2 map???

Not yet, but I'll give it a shot. thumb

Edit: actually, do you have it? The links in that thread no longer work scratch
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Try this link. Post #5. It's all the maps.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=75844&highlight=maps
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: PCIII maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:16 pm

I have a PCIII, a HF air box mod (latest) and a Q4 slip on (head pipe was back ordered, but will be on).

I tried rustyg61 map, the bike ran great, slab runs at 70/80 actual were effortless compared to running Dynojet map 003. Then I tried rowdys map and the bike labored at slab speeds and the throttle response was not as good (seemed to be lean). Then, I got creative and copy/paste an "average" of the 2 maps, not as good, but had to try. MILEAGE, with the rusty then rowdy maps, 54 mpg, 2 days of commute to work. SO, with a rich map (rusty) and a lean map (rowdy) combo I was not happy with the mpg. I am not sure if prolonged use of rusty's map would be enough to foul up a plug or not, but the power and throttle response was better. One of the things I don't like is that too many people have either removed the air box door or the lid, I personally think this adds too much air, and for those of us riding dirt this leaves an opportunity for other debris to come in with the air.

As of now, I just loaded the "stock" map and going to take a short ride, first impression is that, at idle, grab a handful of throttle and the flat spot is virtually gone unlike the other maps. But until I ride it, won't know for sure if the overall is workable.

Thanks for the link to all the maps, I am going to look at them and see if I can find something that will pasify till $$ is available to dyno, I think that is the final solution.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 pm

ermm.. a small side note for the people who mount their PCIIIs under the headlight

It was reported on SMJ that the wires/connectors used by PCIII are too fragile, and they snap when small amount of forces are applied (turning of the steering)

My friend had the same problem too... one day the PCIII just refused to respond... and he had to send it back for exchange

If you have modified your airbox, there should be enough room under the seat to place the PCIII, which is what I did

good luck all and ride safe beavis
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:07 pm

[quote="mtb"]ermm.. a small side note for the people who mount their PCIIIs under the headlight

It was reported on SMJ that the wires/connectors used by PCIII are too fragile, and they snap when small amount of forces are applied (turning of the steering)

I mounted mine there, It was a definite pain to get the harness pulled through. I did check my clearance to make sure nothing came in contact, now you have me wondering if continuous removal of the headlight to plug in to map may cause damage to the wiring if that fragile. I may have to relocate. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: PCIII w/ "rustyg61"   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 pm

I have loaded rusty's map, I need to run this a few days to find out mpg.

I have tried others, non produce the power (butt dyno) like this map. I keep going back to it. The bike pulls hard and you can really feel it. MPG will make the argument. Will play with the "accelerator pump" feature if the MPG is realistic. ONLY to fine tune throttle response during hard blips.

HF air box mod
FMF Q4 with power bomb header
PCIII
13/46 gearing
AIS removed w/block off
Cal charcoal canister removed
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Accel pump feature will wreak havoc on your MPG...I found out the hard way.. baldy
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:52 am

I can agree, the acc pump feature will ruin mpg, I wonder if set up properly would it be a plus.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:49 am

I used the numbers they provided for the racer's set up. Works pretty good.
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm

What did you get for "racer" set up.

Curious, what did you find as a benefit ?
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:31 pm

Check out the FAQ's for set up details.
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/downloads_general/pciiiusb_software/manuals/AcceleratorPump.pdf
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:51 am

Any new updates on any new maps? What runs good? Or even the PC5 on a 2008? Any inprovments?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 am

* Listening *

Installed PCIII, airbox cover/AIS/ExUp removed, GYTR SO installed.

Mod'd map incrementally based on butt dyno performance.

Will share.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:10 pm

X-Racer wrote:
* Listening *

Installed PCIII, airbox cover/AIS/ExUp removed, GYTR SO installed.

Mod'd map incrementally based on butt dyno performance.

Will share.

What map are you running?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:14 pm

King: Wow... Delayed response ! Sorry, somehow this one got past me.

I actually mod'd the M432-004 map in the lower the numbers across the entire TPs and RPM range.

...and I haven't messed with any other maps (I don't spend much time in the saddle of her bike), but plan to.

Actually, I came back here looking for any updates and recommendations.

My first thought is to load the 'Rusty' map as a comparison point.

Any other potential updates and recommendations would be great.

- Robert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander III USB fuel maps   Power Commander III USB fuel maps Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Commander III USB fuel maps
Page 1 of 1