Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eram310

PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power  programmer Empty
PostSubject: PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power programmer   PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power  programmer EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Is there a performance difference between Powercommander V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power programmer?
I know the PCV also alters ignition, but is it noticeable in the performance?
Assuming the bikes are equal with FMF Q exhaust and header, AIS removed, and an open air box.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power  programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power programmer   PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power  programmer EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 1:50 pm

The PCV has much finer adjustments, meaning you can alter fuel at many RPMs. You can also remove fuel from certain areas if you want. The FMF just has 3 'zones' of adjustment and you can only add fuel. The PCV can also be used with the autotune, where it optimizes the air/fuel ratio under real use conditions.

As for peak HP, you can probably get about the same with either one. I have the FMF because it came on the bike when I bought it. I haven't splurged for the PCV because I don't know if it would be worth it for how I use the bike, plus my OCD would kick in and I would be constantly fiddling with it trying to get it just right.
Back to top Go down

PC V (Fuel and Ignition) and the FMF power programmer
Page 1 of 1