Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
motokid
canitokintax
7 posters
AuthorMessage
canitokintax

Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? Empty
PostSubject: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 am

Hello!!
Which programmer is better or give more power,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 am

this one Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
canitokintax

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:05 am

I saw it a few days ago.Do you feel difference?
It´s similar to fmf efi power programmer,but attitude box can cut/add fuel,fmf only can add fuel.
Whit PCIII can load maps,and make your own maps.
I don´t know which buy.
Back to top Go down
canitokintax

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:36 am

Which is better,fmf efi power programmer or attitude industries?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 am

I've got a 2008 WR-250R, and have run both a Power Commander lll USB and an FMF Power Programmer.
The Power Commander (AKA PC lll) retails for $349.
The FMF Power Programmer retails for $179.
That's a fair difference.
Why?

Either unit will richen the fueling as the bike needs to make it run like it could and should (especially when you start doing intake and exhaust mods).
The difference in the price between these two units has to do with the much finer control the PC lll allows over the entire range of throttle position, engine RPM, and how much fuel you want to either add or subtract over the stock settings, down to the tenths of a percentage point.
In other words, when you look at one of the PC lll fueling maps, you realize there are what seems like a billion things that can be changed to suit the bike, weather conditions, and the rider's preference.
Did the weather suddenly turn cold and off-idle response seem a bit lean all of a sudden?
You can change that to a very fine degree with a PC lll.
Typically, someone who sees dialing-in their bike's performance to their satisfaction as something where spending time (money) on it is no big deal would want a PC lll.
You can get the bike on a Dynojet dynomometer and pay the operator to milk all the bike has to offer via playing with the many adjustments the PC lll has.
You can also change the mapping all by yourself with any ordinary personal computer or laptop computer that has a USB jack on the back of it.

The FMF is a much more simple unit.
You really don't expect to get the exact same adjustability for $170 less, do you?
You can adjust several broad areas of fueling, such as how much fuel is added during steady-throttle cruising, how much fuel is added during acelleration, how much is added at full throttle, and how long or short of a delay there is before all of this kicks in.
For the price and (admitedly) how rough-and-tough the typical dual-purpose rider uses a WR-250R, the FMF unit works well enough to get the job done.
I've got an FMF unit on my WR right now and I'm very satisfied with how it works.
For the price, it's hard to beat.

My opinion is that if you're just looking to richen-up the fueling to make the bike run better, either works, and they both work well.
If you insist on getting every ounce of gnads out of the bike with the absolute best throttle response possible and just love to play with adjustability, the PC lll is better. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:28 am

There is the PC4 as well. Attitude is coming out with their own that will compete directly against it, and from what I've been told it's going to be a unit you can adjust pretty much everything on. The big difference will be something the PC won't be able to stack up against, because the Attitude will have one thing the PC won't. Can't wait for Derek to come out with this unit. Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:17 pm

SheWolf wrote:
There is the PC4 as well. Attitude is coming out with their own that will compete directly against it, and from what I've been told it's going to be a unit you can adjust pretty much everything on. The big difference will be something the PC won't be able to stack up against, because the Attitude will have one thing the PC won't. Can't wait for Derek to come out with this unit. Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865

So shewolf do you know when it is comeing out? And what one thing will the arritude have that the PC4 wont?
And is it still going to be the same price as the one they allready have?($219 i beleave its at)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:36 pm

The Attitude I got for $170 US. The new one will probably be a bit more, as it's going to be utilizing different aspects and more in depth to use. Knowing Derek tho, he'll be making this one around ease of use and practicability. He's pretty thorough with his testing.

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 am

I gotcha. So as far as the Attitude programmer that they have now how does that compare to the PC4 and FMF programmers?
Does it have the programing capabilitys as the PC4? or no. Or is it more like the FMF more basis?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 am

The one they've been selling now is similar to the FMF. You have 6 different modes to work with, and 8 settings for each mode. The new one that will be out will work like the PC4 AFAIK, only better.

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:31 am

Quote :
There is the PC4 as well.
I recently bought the DynoJet Power Commander V and Auto Tune and the only other product I saw available was the Power Commander III USB. Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 29721

The PCV and Auto Tune are very easy to use. There are 16 wires to connect and an exhaust bung to mount but once installed the rest is all done via a USB cable and software on the computer. I've done two tuning runs and the performance is significantly better than stock or with the FMF Power Programmer. I expect further improvements as I learn more about the options. Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865 Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:37 am

ramz wrote:
Quote :
There is the PC4 as well.
I recently bought the DynoJet Power Commander V and Auto Tune and the only other product I saw available was the Power Commander III USB. Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 29721

The PCV and Auto Tune are very easy to use. There are 16 wires to connect and an exhaust bung to mount but once installed the rest is all done via a USB cable and software on the computer. I've done two tuning runs and the performance is significantly better than stock or with the FMF Power Programmer. I expect further improvements as I learn more about the options. Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865 Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? 61865

So whats the resolutes? find any other improvements? Sill think its better then the FMF?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 am

King Wolf--

Check ramz's website:

http://rickramsey.net/WR250R.htm

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?   Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is better,PCIII or fmf efi power programmer?
Page 1 of 1