Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beemerwolf

beemerwolf

Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Okay now, I have not heard of this before, but it really does exist:

I am just starting to take down my new to me 2008 WR250X to completely regrease, inspect, chg all oils/fluids, and to torque all screws, nuts, and bolts plus a little bit of extra security --twist wiring all kinds of things....HEY, in over 40 years of dirt riding I have never ended a ride or trip early due to an maintenace/mechanical issue on a bike that I personally prepped Very happy

Anyway, best I can tell so far is that the bike has this specialty equipment/MODs done:

dirt wheels only 21/18" with 606s front & rear

Flatlander SkidPlate

Flapper MOD previously completed

New/updated fuel pump mounted to replace the original pump

FMF PowerCore4 can only....stock front exhaust

FMF Power Programmer hooked up underneath seat

AND I just found this today---Merry Christmas to me.........a DynoJet Power Commander III hidden under the headlight dunno

What I am saying is that "it appears" this bike HAS BOTH the FMF Power Programmer and the PowerCommander III hooked up at the same time.

Has anyone ever heard of using this combo in tandem?
.....Have the Aliens from AREA 51 attacked my Yammie while I was sleeping
.......Or should I just remove 1 of them and sell it?

As I was only told about the 21/18" wheel setup, the air flapper mod, the exhaust can, the new fuel pump, and the FMF Power Programmer, the PO never knew about the PCIII so well hidden under the headlight.

My best guess is that maybe the 1st owner hooked up the PCIII & hid it under the headlight as it rests on the front fender, never to be seen again......then the next owner reading all of the neat WR250R/X info out there thought to mount up a FMF Power Programmer under the seat right out in the open so it could be manipulated easily.

I sure cannot think of any benefit for doing this......can anyone else?

Thank you kindly for your time,
beemer
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Are you sure they are actually both hooked up and operating?

I'd bet the one under the headlight is just taking up space since it's hidden.

Sounds like a perfect time to experiment. See which one gives you the best feeling. Then sell the other one.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
beemerwolf

beemerwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

well the line is headed from the PCIII into the main elec line group that goes under the fuel tank and into oblivion......just kidding wink

I do plan to tear it down to find just where the line does go in the next few days and will post up the results......but why would anyone hook up a FMF Power Programmer and just leave an unhooked PCIII ziptied securely underneath the headlight??

Odd at best.
beemer
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Guessing they never knew the PC3 existed.

Or just had too much money.

Maybe they wanted to try both and see which one was the "best" and then forgot about the other one once things were hooked up?

Bottom line is - who cares? Now you got two and can actually do a back-to-back comparison to see which one you like best.

Rocks to be you. thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
beemerwolf

beemerwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:19 pm

well they both are hooked up together into the system performing whatever they do but doing it together

it's still a good bit too cold to spend much time in the garage to get deeper into it,
so until next week I guess it'll just sit there.

since I don't need both, guess when I remove it, the FMF Power Programmer will go up for sale.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 pm

I don't see how they could both be hooked up.

I'd love to see how that connection is completed. Please take pictures once you remove the gas tank.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer   Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Dyno Jet Power Commander III and the FMF Power Programmer
Page 1 of 1