Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options

Go down 
+17
Superchimp
eakins
dtx
Corkonian
soggytire
mhm2a
1moreroad
aaronhall555
SheWolf
gatorfan
oldirt
skierd
stumo
KLRchickie
SoupSandwich
cryptomundo
little squirt
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Empty
PostSubject: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Can't decide on skid plate.
I'm just going to start this over as a skid plate reference thread to compare all the skid plates I can and gather as many photos of them along with whatever people want to add about their plates.

I've done my searching and looking and narrowed it down to two.

1. BandBmoto Baja skid for $139

http://www.bandbmoto.com/

2. Ricochet for $87.95

http://www.dualsportarmory.com/products.php?category_id=101

they are the two I like because of the amount of coverage along the bottom and front.

Flatland, Moose, MSR are TOTALLY out of the question.

Anybody with either these two wish they didnt or love what they have?

Aloha

Last edited by little squirt on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:24 pm

just curious if you know about this one http://www.bboffroad.com.au/wr_250r_steel_frame.htm

Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Personally I am not a fan of the B&B plate......I dont like the storage box hanging off the front. I would go with the Ricochet if I was you. Very happy Just out of curiosity why dont you like the Flatland guard?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:10 pm

The aussy plate is a little rich for me.

The baja plate doesn't have the tool box.

The flatland is too short along the bottom and people talk about grinding them to fit properly and vibration issues etc.

Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 pm

little squirt wrote:
The aussy plate is a little rich for me.

The baja plate doesn't have the tool box.

The flatland is too short along the bottom and people talk about grinding them to fit properly and vibration issues etc.

Oh I guess I was looking at the wrong one.......with that said I still have to go with the Ricochet, only because of the price. Good luck with the tough decision.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:23 pm

little squirt wrote:

Zed's Flatland plate fits well and does not have the vibration issues that so many speak of.

My Zeta plate, on the other hand, vibrates & resonates. I used rubber washers on the bolts so that I could torque them all down well, but the plate is really quite noisy. I can live with it, I wear earplugs - the next time I have it off for some reason I'll see what I can do to maybe dampen the vibrations a bit though.
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Quote :
the next time I have it off for some reason I'll see what I can do to maybe dampen the vibrations a bit though.

don't use new batteries???
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:18 pm

anybody have any pics they could throw up with their Ricochet or BandB plate? Ive been on their websites plenty, just looking for more angles and such. Aloha
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 am

I've had the ricochet and the flatlands. I've beat the shit out of both of them. They're comparable. The flatlands looks and feels nicer, and is quieter. The ricochet is solid and well made too though.

Never seen the B&B, I'm very happy with my flatlands (and rad guard). Got them from Dual Sport Armory as part of the package. Don't forget the forum coupon code.

Current bike with the flatlands, taking a nap
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Hillsidenap

Previous bike cry with the ricochet, at Deal's Gap.

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options RePhoto3
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:26 am

awesome! thanks for the pics.....yea that ricochet comes way back farther than the flatlands
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Skid plates   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:25 am

I have the Ricochet, IF I had to do it again I would buy the Flatlands only for the added protection higher up the side covers to minimize the damages when the bike is on it's side. I think the Flatland plate offers a little more protection by the water pump !!!
Most will resonate noise, try some Dynomat material on the inside of the plate to knock down most of the noise.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 am

little squirt wrote:
anybody have any pics they could throw up with their Ricochet or BandB plate? Ive been on their websites plenty, just looking for more angles and such. Aloha

Here's a new B & B.
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Basher10
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Basher11
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Basher12
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Basher13
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Basher14
Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Basher16
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:00 pm

^^^^ is that the B&B from australia? or the other b&b moto
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:07 pm

that looks like mine (from australia)
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Anybody running this Zeta plate? Looks kinda thin to me

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options BW3Gh-CGkKGrHgoH-EIEjlLl09jBKZcGMObEg_12
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:37 pm

This is a really nice skid plate........ not as much side protection but would look awesome on an X:
http://www.evotech-performance.eu/index.php/yamaha-wr250r-x-mx-sm-2008-9-sump-guard-bashplate-glideplate.html
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:46 pm

The above B&B is from Oz. I have the same one and it's bullet proof. I didn't find it expensive, considering what it's protecting. Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options 61865

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:53 pm

looks slik, but yes, not much coverage at all. would be a great street plate though

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options 6937
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I go thumb to the B&B, have not seen that one before, clean lines, nice finish and functional form.

dddog This is what happens AFTER we test and bash whats out there, and some one builds it right. I need a part time job to keep up with this thing baldy
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:03 pm

little squirt wrote:
^^^^ is that the B&B from australia? or the other b&b moto
Yes, Aussi.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:03 pm

custom made one on ebay

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Bqm1gB2kKGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLvoBruFg_12

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Bql9w2kKGrHqQH-DgEuZbC2bi0BLvoBdZ2w_12

MSR plate

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options 463_2
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:07 pm

little squirt wrote:
custom made one on ebay

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Bqm1gB2kKGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLvoBruFg_12

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Bql9w2kKGrHqQH-DgEuZbC2bi0BLvoBdZ2w_12

This one looks like it is straight out of the movie Mad Max...... me likey!! bannana
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 pm

FLATLAND

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options FLATLAND

MOOSE

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Mooseracing_skid_plate
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:16 pm

B&B MOTO USA

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options BB

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options BBB
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:18 pm

+1 vote for the Flatland plate............ the ebay one is a little too hard core.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next