Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tuning w/ FMF programmer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
treitz

Tuning w/ FMF programmer Empty
PostSubject: Tuning w/ FMF programmer   Tuning w/ FMF programmer EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 am

My bike came fully outfitted with the FMF tuner and whole bunch of other accessories. It's a 2013 WR250R.

I've been running the 3.7g safari tank since I got the bike (it came on it). Two nights ago I swapped it back to the stock tank for better trail riding.

The bike is now running as if it's lean at idle. RPM's are slow to drop, and sometimes just stay pretty high at idle. It had a hard time starting this morning too and idled pretty high for a while.

I used the same fuel injector in both tanks.

Any thoughts on what I should look at, or do I need to just tune it with the FMF? If so, I have no idea how to do that.

I thought buying a fuel injected bike meant I didn't have to worry about this stuff anymore GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Tuning w/ FMF programmer   Tuning w/ FMF programmer EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm

treitz wrote:
My bike came fully outfitted with the FMF tuner and whole bunch of other accessories. It's a 2013 WR250R.

I've been running the 3.7g safari tank since I got the bike (it came on it). Two nights ago I swapped it back to the stock tank for better trail riding.

The bike is now running as if it's lean at idle. RPM's are slow to drop, and sometimes just stay pretty high at idle. It had a hard time starting this morning too and idled pretty high for a while.

I used the same fuel injector in both tanks.

Any thoughts on what I should look at, or do I need to just tune it with the FMF? If so, I have no idea how to do that.

I thought buying a fuel injected bike meant I didn't have to worry about this stuff anymore GAHHHH

Check to make sure you didn't pinch or trap the fuel line when you installed the tank.
Back to top Go down
treitz

PostSubject: Re: Tuning w/ FMF programmer   Tuning w/ FMF programmer EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Will do. I think I may have narrowed it down to a vacuum leak.

I forgot that the Safari tank has a vacuum line that I pulled and didn't cap on the bike. Need to see if I can find where it was tapped into on the bike to cap it off.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Tuning w/ FMF programmer   Tuning w/ FMF programmer EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 4:29 pm

It sure sounds like a vakuum leak, so I think youre on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning w/ FMF programmer   Tuning w/ FMF programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuning w/ FMF programmer
Page 1 of 1