Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best fmf pp settings?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jremeee

Best fmf pp settings?  Empty
PostSubject: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:27 pm

I got a fmf PP on stock settings but I want to change it a little.

Sea level
Fmf slip on pc4
Flapper screwed down
Ais removal
Exup removal
Stock air filter

What numbers should I run?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:03 pm

I would try 0.5, 0.5, 0,5, 8, 8, 8

But then again I am an idiot.

However there are a lot of smart people who contributed to this thread (right at the top of this subforum in the 'Sticky' section too):

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t567-the-official-fi-mapping-area

It probably would be a good idea to read it and see what other have done than to take advice from an internet idiot.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

I have similar mods as you, I am running 3,4,1,8,6,4.5, and have no complaints.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 am

Go with fmfs recommended settings except for the 5th one put it on 6.

I tried a bunch of different settings and ended up there. 3 2 .5 8 6 4

I have a q4 with a very open air box and am also at sea level, but the sea level part doesnt change anything on a fi bike as it adjust for elevation on its own.
Back to top Go down
Jremeee

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm having a little bit of backfire on decl. In 6th it seems like a dead dog. It doesn't pull at all
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Jremeee wrote:
I'm having a little bit of backfire on decl. In 6th it seems like a dead dog. It doesn't pull at all

Have you changed the gearing on the bike yet?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:34 am

Jremeee wrote:
In 6th it seems like a dead dog. It doesn't pull at all

Not sure what you're expecting from a 25 hp - 250 single, but 6th gear is basically an over-drive gear for the most part. Completely useless for anything other than better gas mileage on long boring runs.

The good news is you have a shifter, so you can drop a gear or two if you need some punch to get going faster.

If you're not hitting rev limiter in 5th gear I wouldn't expect 6th gear to deliver much in the excitement category.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Jremeee

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:05 am

What do we all agree on FMF pp settings?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 am

Jremeee wrote:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t567-the-official-fi-mapping-area <- clicky and read

It doesn't work like that. You have to find what works best for you in your area.

Don't be afraid to change a number and try it. Try a bunch of stuff. Write everything down. Find the "best" combination of numbers for you and your style of riding. Post what you find.

What some guy in Montana finds is best for him might not work at all for you.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:57 pm

I would like to add that at some point a few years ago the fmf programmers changed, the second setting (acceleration mode) needs to be a little lower on the newish ones.
The up side to this is if you add a 290 kit the programmer will add enough fuel to go along with it, the original fmf programmer didnt add enough fuel in that mode to work with a 290 kit, you had to send it back for a reflash.

This is the main reason for guys running different settings on bikes that are set up the same, not all fmf programmers are the same so the settings cant be the same.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:02 pm

motokid wrote:
Jremeee wrote:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t567-the-official-fi-mapping-area <- clicky and read.

AMEN Brother! bow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best fmf pp settings?    Best fmf pp settings?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Best fmf pp settings?
Page 1 of 1