Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!

Go down 
+6
TwoBuells
Biglake
speersie
YZach
mcdoudlehopper
rsteiger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
YZach

WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  Empty
PostSubject: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi guys,

Picked up my brand new '15MY two weeks ago. Since then I've installed the usual mods (FMF powerbomb+Q4, FMF power programmer, AIS/EXUP removal, airbox mod).

However, after installing the engine mods I have run into a problem. Whenever I rev the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in (this problem does not exist in neutral) it cuts out at low rpm and sometimes stalls when I pull in the clutch and coast to a stop cold. I am currently running the stock FMF programmer settings and have no issue from 1/4 throttle on up, which I why I resorted to the CO settings.

The info on here seems to indicate there are 30 adjustments in either direction. Well, my '15 has -128 and +126 settings! Anyway, I had to go all the way up to +65 to remedy the cutting out/stalling issue. It smells rich but this seems to be the only way to make it run right. Any insights?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Put everything back to stock.. change the gearing... and enjoy riding the bike.

YZach wrote:
Hi guys,

Picked up my brand new '15MY two weeks ago. Since then I've installed the usual mods (FMF powerbomb+Q4, FMF power programmer, AIS/EXUP removal, airbox mod).

However, after installing the engine mods I have run into a problem. Whenever I rev the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in (this problem does not exist in neutral) it cuts out at low rpm and sometimes stalls when I pull in the clutch and coast to a stop cold. I am currently running the stock FMF programmer settings and have no issue from 1/4 throttle on up, which I why I resorted to the CO settings.

The info on here seems to indicate there are 30 adjustments in either direction. Well, my '15 has -128 and +126 settings! Anyway, I had to go all the way up to +65 to remedy the cutting out/stalling issue. It smells rich but this seems to be the only way to make it run right. Any insights?
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:03 pm

scratch What about the Throttle position sensor?
Back to top Go down
YZach

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:42 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
scratch  What about the Throttle position sensor?

Seems to be in spec. Showing 16/97 in the diagnostic setting.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:22 am

YZach wrote:
mcdoudlehopper wrote:
scratch  What about the Throttle position sensor?

Seems to be in spec. Showing 16/97 in the diagnostic setting.

You can check it like in this post. Probably not a bad idea.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5568-throttle-on-off-at-idle
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Is the bike fully warmed up when its doing this?

I have the same mods and my bike will cut out and bog if I ride it hard before its warmed up, but never stalls, once warmed up it runs great.
My co is on 6, I had it higher to make the bike work better while riding in the winter where it takes a long time to get the motor warmed up but went back to 6 as that woks best when the motors warmed up.

I think this is just the nature of the beast with the fmf programmer, except for the stalling.

I dont have an issue with this as you shouldnt ride a bike hard before getting the motor up to temp anyway, I started to start the bike before I put my gear on so its idling for a few minutes and warmed up before I ride it.

I'd double check all the connections on the programmer.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:26 pm

I have all the free mods, FMF muffler and Programmer. 13/48 gearing CO is stock, FMF is 3 4 1.5 8 6 4
I only warm my bike up for 30 seconds and go. never a bog or studder.
Back to top Go down
tenyamman

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 am

my bike standard and can 'bog and stutter' and can surge......any ideas what possibly could be?
only started in the last 2 or 3 days and done nothing to bike??!!
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Maybe air leak around induction system? Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Since my last post I figured out why my bike bogs and stutters at times before its totally warmed up, our local gas really sucks, if it gets a month old or I get some regular cause thats all the station has the bike doesnt run well until warmed up, if I have fresh good gas its fine.

Im going to have to start buying gas from a shell station (no ethanol) and add stabilizer fall through spring when the bikes setting around for a month between rides.

If your having bogging or stuttering issues try new gas from a busy big station.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Are you using the additive for ethanol gas, its supposed to help, I wont run ethanol gas in my bike.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:13 am

YZach wrote:
I am currently running the stock FMF programmer settings

#1) I don't believe this has anything to do with ethanol in gasoline. Not if you're living in the continental USofA, and anywhere near a mid-sized city or larger.

#2) I'd fully be looking at FmF "stock" settings. What are those settings? What numbers?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:38 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
Are you using the additive for ethanol gas, its supposed to help, I wont run ethanol gas in my bike.

Im not using any additives or avoiding ethanol, I only have issues when the bike sets for a few weeks at a time, if I use it lots it runs great, or if I have to fill up at a gas station in the middle of nowheres mid ride that only has regular.

When im not using the bike often fall through spring I will buy non ethanol gas from a shell station and add stabil, that seams to run fine even after it sets for a month or two.

Its a bit of a PITA for me to get shell non ethanol gas so I dont all the time.

PS I know a bunch of guys with tuned up cars and old muscle cars that will only run good on shell gas around here, all the other stuff with ethanol doesnt work as good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!    WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!  Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR gurus - newb needs help with fuel issue!
Page 1 of 1