Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skithis

discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol Empty
PostSubject: discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol   discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 am

I have a 08 wrx which i purchased new from a dealership back in michigan about 6 months ago. I now have 1600 miles on it and am loving it. About a month after I picked it up I put a powercore 4 and fmf programmer on it. My question is this: In the last 1500 miles ive had about 5 times that ive been cruising around 60mph and had the engine cut out momentarely. Maybe 3 seconds of no power and then it comes right back. Never had a starting issue like the fuel pump overheat crowd complains of. I've always had a slight cold engine hesitation but who doesn't? I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem? I have 6 months left on my warrenty but I know if I take it in they arent going to find anything wrong. I'm a mechanic myself so I understand intermittant ptoblems! BOOM

Also...I notice that all the fuel pumps here in illinois have e10 stickers on em...Honestly this scares the hell out of me. Any reported issues with ethenol?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol   discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 am

I'm guessing it's the FmF fuel programmer. Not the bike.

click me

click me too <-- go to most recent posts and read backwards

What numbers are programmed into your FmF fuel programmer?

What other mods do you have?

If you are truly worried that the issue might be with the Yamaha, remove the FmF programmer and re-connect it back to stock.
If your problem goes away you've isolated it to the FmF unit.

I have a 2008 wr250x with almost 10,000 miles on it and I've never had the issue you've described. However, I do NOT have an FmF fuel programmer. Very happy

Quote :
I called Dobeck Industries & spoke to Dallas...

Also, noticed today that while cruising in 6th at say 50-60 mph, the bike had a slight stumble a time or two, as in no power until I chopped off the throttle (rode all day yesterday and that never happened). He recommended changing the 5th # up a bit (from a 4 to a 6 in my case). He said they may even tell FMF to have that as the standard setting in the instructions, since they are receiving several comments on this issue:

3 - 4 - 1 - 8 - 6 - 4.5

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol   discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:01 am

After reading I think they are having exactly the same problem i'm having...I think im just gonna leave it as long as its happening as rarely as it does now.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol   discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:11 am

Are you going to adjust your FmF programmer?
Change setting number five to something no lower than 6?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol   discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:35 am

It really is a simple fix like motokid said.

Also, ethanol isn't an issue. Our gas stations here are 10%-15% ethanol (not suppose to be higher than 15% unless they clearly state it as it can damage a non flex fuel system) and I've had no trouble other than crap fuel economy in every vehicle I own. Add 10% ethanol to the gas, lose 15% of your fuel economy... I still think it's a conspiracy from the damn lobbyists for corn and oil working together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol   discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol Empty

Back to top Go down

discussion on 08 wr fuel pump issue/ethenol
Page 1 of 1