Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marioscario

FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? Empty
PostSubject: FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????   FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:40 pm

I went on a road tour with a hog buddy this past weekend. He doesn't ride a real bike but he's a good guy and likes beer. A couple of hours into the ride my R2 started sputtering a bit....a few seconds at a time....then fine. This happened a few times. Once while dragging him at a stoplight (he only has an 883 so it's pretty close). I just install my programmer a couple of weeks ago. I've been on a couple of 100+ km bush rides with no problem at bush speeds but givin' her pretty good. I did, however, have it cut out completely for a second when throttling it on the short stretch of hiway on the way home. Luckily I wasn't trying to pass someone and do a head on (someone posted that somewhere???) I've never had problems before. It is an 08 so I hope it's not the fuel pump.

Ooops. I just checked my fmf settings. 2,1.5,4.5,8,1.5,5 Not really what I remember setting ??? For added fuel I figured I needed a bit for cruise, alot for accel where I want the power (so the 1.5 for the #2 value is probably too low) and not much at WOT since HiveFive's dyno says R2's run rich at WOT even with a performance pipe. For the last three I was only really interested in quicker response under accel.

FMF???fuel pump??? carp in the gas??? etc etc

2008 R2
AIS removed
Ultimate Airbox Mod
FMF programmer
12/47 gears
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????   FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:55 pm

I and others have experienced the bike cutting out under acceleration on occasion after fiddling with the FMF programmer.
Try it with the 5th mode bumped up from your current 1.5 to a 4.
I understand there is a glitch that causes a stumble if that mode is set too low.
Back to top Go down
Marioscario

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????   FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Gracias Amigo! I"ll give it a try. I'll try that first to see if it cures it. Then I'll bump the 2nd setting up since I was planning more bwaaapp in the accel mode. I'm not sure how I wound up with 1.5. Wasn't the plan??? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????   FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:44 am

you were really low on the second setting
put in 3,4,1,8,6,4.5 and see how it treats you
also since you have an 08 fuel pump comes to mind
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????   FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:28 am

That fifth number needs to be a 6 or higher.

It's been quoted in threads around here from more than one Dobeck technician.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????   FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF programmer / fuel pump issue ????
Page 1 of 1