Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stillwater97

Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles Empty
PostSubject: Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles   Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am

First off, this is a great forum and I've learned a lot reading.

I'm a new rider and got my endorsement and bike in October. I'm planning a few longer distance rides this summer and wanted to make sure the bike is in top form prior to me setting out on longer trips.

The bike is in reasonable shape given it's age and mileage. It hasn't been babied and has spent a lot of time in the dirt, with numerous scrapes, dings, etc. Previous owner used it A LOT including a Prudoe Bay and Rocky Mtn. Divide trip.

Overall, the WRR runs well, doesn't make any funky noises and seems to be dead nuts reliable. However, I don't have a comprehensive list of maintenance conducted by the previous owner.

Bike specifics:
2008 WRR
33K miles
FMF programmer
Power bomb header
Q4 muffler
D606 front and rear (great shape 80% ish)

So far I've done the following:
Oil changes, filter changes
new battery
new chain
new 48 tooth rear sprocket
new rear brake
front brake is good 80%ish

I'm probably going to rebuild the front forks and rear shock next month.

Question for the experts:

What other preventative maintenance items should I be adding to the list of things to do?

Cheers & Thanks!

Mark
Bend, Oregon

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles   Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 4:34 pm

New frontsprocket, clean the airfilter and lube up the dogbones and wheelbearings.

Have fun thumb
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles   Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Take off the swingarm and then lube and all the bearings on it and the linkage pieces.
Service your brakes and lube the calibre pins as well.
Might as well disassemble and clean, grease the steering head bearing as well.

All of these items are well within your capability and require just some time and some good quality waterproof grease.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wrwiley

wrwiley

PostSubject: Re: Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles   Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:32 pm

May want to check the valve clearances, depending on your wrenching comfort level. They should be checked every 26,600 miles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles   Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles Empty

Back to top Go down

Compiling a Maintenance List for 08 WR250R with 33K miles
Page 1 of 1