Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caldsy

Caldsy

FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps Empty
PostSubject: FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps   FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 am

Hey Forum,

I live in the great white north - Canada. The temps are starting to drop around 5 - 10 degrees Celsius (somewhere around 50 degrees Fahrenheit). I'm running Full FMF system (Q4 with PBomb header and FMF programmer), and all other normal mods (EXUP, AIS, Flapper) etc.

with the temps getting cooler I find the bike isn't running the same. I find there is a bit of a chug/burp with the fuel with at cruise low RPM and when on acceleration. At WOT it's fine.

what is everyone else running?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps   FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:47 am

I ride my bike all winter in the freezing temps, I have a q4 with opened up airbox, and fmf programmer.

I run the programmer on 3 2 .5 8 6 4 and the CO on 6 with the idle speed set to 1950 rpm.

My bike does the chug/burp thing when accelerating but cruises fine until its fully up to temp which takes 5-10 minutes of riding on a cold day, once warmed up its fine.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps   FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:14 pm

My bike doesn't like the cold too much either, same behavior until it warms up nice. I lower the numbers a bit in the cold because I feel like it runs really rich and I can smell exhaust on my backpack much more when it's cold. I drop it to 2 2.5 .5. Most of my time is spent in the "cruise" mode anyway during my commute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps   FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Fuel Programmer with colder Temps
Page 1 of 1