Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

rotopax tool box

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:49 am

Hi Folks

I did a half ass search to see if this tool box was posted on the wr250 site but nothing cropped up.. anyways rotopax has a tool box they call two gallon in size with a latching top. The top /cover overlaps the bottom half by about one inch to keep the water out..{if used horizontally}..

link HERE

Back to top Go down
saddletramp

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: Re: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Any idea if there are gaskets to make it waterproof? I have been searching for a waterproof plastic box, max 3.3 inches thick to attach to inside of my racks.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: Re: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 6:58 am

I would say no seals. as the top over laps the sides by about 1 inch to make a kind of roof when used horizontally

Here is a link to the unit attached to the WR in post # 6 {second picture in the post}

after gawking at the item i got the rider to send me a PICTURE

Let me know if the pics open OK on your end or i can change the links up some.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: Re: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 pm

I took my top box off as it made the bike more top heavy and also was a pain to swing my leg over, I went with the giantloop Mohavy bags, way better for my riding, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: Re: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:30 pm

I looked at these last winter.  My biggest issues with the Rotopax Storage Pack are no waterproof seal and the inefficient use of interior space compared to the overall footprint. It was made to fit as a modular component of a multi-pack setup like shown below, at the expense of interior space.

Rotopax website says it'll hold "about 2 gallons worth of stuff", yet the exterior dimensions indicate it would hold over 3 gallons if it didn't have all of the mounting holes and handles and interlocking components etc.

I'd rather spend the same money for a Pelican 1400 case and get more storage capacity, more efficient use of internal space, smaller footprint on the rack, and 100% waterproof seal.

rotopax tool box 161738-add7-lg

rotopax tool box RX-72-D
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: Re: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 6:49 pm

yeah. get less for more, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rotopax tool box Empty
PostSubject: Re: rotopax tool box   rotopax tool box Empty

Back to top Go down

rotopax tool box
Page 1 of 1