Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Quiet core for Q4?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
softjeans

softjeans

FMF Quiet core for Q4? Empty
PostSubject: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Im very happy with my Q4 but it is a little loud for the quaint little villages in the English countryside I like to get lost in. So if I get the quiet core insert will it make any difference to Q4? Can't seem to find out if the Q4 all ready has one in and the insert if just for the power core. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 pm

The Q four insert is what is inside the q4 exhaust. The replacement is for the power core to make it a quiet core if too loud. thumb
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Do a search on this.

Some guys put the power cores quiet core in the Q4, its smaller, quieter and fits fine.
I welded a washer to the end of the baffle/quiet core that comes in the Q4 on mine to make it quieter, its in the quieter Q4 thread.
Others have simply cut the stock baffle in the Q4 and bent the end of it basicly doing what I did welding the washer on the end of it, which works too, that's free and easy. thumb
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 12:37 pm

I used this in my Q4:

FMF Quiet core for Q4? Fmf_07_tit_pow_cor_ins

FMF Quiet core for Q4? 20150722_194105

It is a little bit quieter.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

dmmcd wrote:
I used this in my Q4:

FMF Quiet core for Q4? Fmf_07_tit_pow_cor_ins

FMF Quiet core for Q4? 20150722_194105

It is a little bit quieter.

Is that the insert for the pc4? Do you know the part number? Thanks
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 10:20 am

softjeans wrote:

Is that the insert for the pc4? Do you know the part number? Thanks

I'm not completely sure what it is designed for, as it was in a box of parts I got with the bike when I bought it. It says Model #S9000 spark arrestor. I can't find much data when typing that into google.

Visually, it looks like the powercore insert listed here: https://www.denniskirk.com/fmf/titanium-powercore-quiet-core-insert-040288.p432778.prd/432778.sku

Here is my thread on the sound difference:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11830-fmf-q4-repack-with-sound-data
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Q    FMF Quiet core for Q4? EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks dmmcd, I've ordered the part and I'll see how it is when it arrives, but I have to admit the more I riding I do with the q4 the more I'm actually starting to like it poser2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Quiet core for Q4?    FMF Quiet core for Q4? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Quiet core for Q4?
Page 1 of 1