Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what tire pressure for the supermoto track?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WesEv

WesEv

what tire pressure for the supermoto track? Empty
PostSubject: what tire pressure for the supermoto track?   what tire pressure for the supermoto track? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:23 am

Hi,

I am wondering what others run on the track for tire pressure. Our sumo track is a all paved and no jumps. Last year I ran 20 psi which seemed ok.

I am not really sure what to look for in terms of feedback from tire pressure adjustments on the paved track.

Thanks,

-Wes
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: what tire pressure for the supermoto track?   what tire pressure for the supermoto track? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:32 pm

I have mine at 30 when I go canyon riding.  Never had issues with dealing with a low or high side crash.   Plus the feedback to flick the bike around is quick.  

20 seems really low in my opinion and will make the transition to another turn feel more sluggish and not as snappy.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: what tire pressure for the supermoto track?   what tire pressure for the supermoto track? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 pm

While I haven't hit the track yet, I would agree that 20psi does seem low. Although when I was riding DH mountain bikes, I would run 20psi and rip through the rock gardens without issue. Most other riders would run at least 25psi on the same mountain. Not the same, but all this to say, what most would think to be too low a pressure, might be right for you.
I run 26psi on the street, but that said, among other factors, it also depends on which tire you're using, what the ambient temp/weather is doing, riding style, track conditions, etc....Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: what tire pressure for the supermoto track?   what tire pressure for the supermoto track? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:15 am

I didn't ride on a track, but when riding my WR250X with Michelin Pilot Power tires, I used 21 psi.
Felt excellent to me, and in my opinion, 30-ish psi is way too hard.
30 psi is what I use with my Pilot Powers on my FZ-07 that weighs 100 pounds more.

If you do an Internet search for the info, you'll read of riders using around 20 or 21 psi (cold tire temperature) at a Supermoto track.
Back to top Go down
WesEv

WesEv

PostSubject: Re: what tire pressure for the supermoto track?   what tire pressure for the supermoto track? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:15 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the idea of keeping the tire pressure low is that it helps heat up the tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what tire pressure for the supermoto track?   what tire pressure for the supermoto track? Empty

Back to top Go down

what tire pressure for the supermoto track?
Page 1 of 1