Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!

Go down 
+4
beer goggle
mcdoudlehopper
wwguy
darngood1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
darngood1

darngood1

Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! Empty
PostSubject: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 6:39 pm

A cry for help:  Ever since I picked up a WR, I've spent more time and money goofing around with the bike farkles than I care to admit, folks!

Grips, bars, mirrors, pegs, bags and racks, lights, sprockets and chain, new tank, airflow mods, billet covers and guards, fork bleeders, EFI programmer, pro-gun stickers, springs...

bert

Still "gotta do" exhaust, tires, ais, exup, more gun stickers, and I gotta wear the engine out so I have a reason for a big bore kit!  ;)

So my real question is not how to stop (too much fun), but how to hide all this from my wife!  She's starting to ask questions...

Last edited by darngood1 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:11 pm

I've already warned my best riding buddy: "If I die unexpectedly don't let my wife sell my bike for what I told her I paid for it!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:56 am

The only cure for this, is to buy something else that takes up even MORE of your time. I suggest a house needing landscaping, preferably with some acreage needing to be maintained. That's what's working for me right now. The money for the new Beta 430RS I was interested in just went to buy a compact tractor to maintain said acreage. Oh, and that spare time you had to ride? Again, problem solved. I suggest working on one house to sell at the same time for even more fun and loss of riding focus.

When the other house sells and you think you MIGHT have some time again, throw in trying to get a shop in order to start doing engine work again, and sleep becomes less of a problem also. As in, you won't feel you have much time for it either.

Ugh. Going to be glad when we can just settle down in a couple months and have a weekend OFF.
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Ha! Leave it to the 2 other gents from SW Idaho to fully understand both the problem, and the humor of it!

What makes Traveller's "situation" so freakn' awesome isn't that he doesn't have time to ride right now. no, Sirs...

It's that he's surrounded by some of the most stellar riding area in the world, the weather has just gotten perfect, and his bike is a daily reminder that he has no time to ride!

Makes me feel just a little bit better... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 pm

I feel your pain my man. Got at least $1000 bucks in msc stuff on the bike and cant wait to buy the next bling. its an addiction for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Hah! but I'm getting closer! Pretty much done with the dirt work. I've cleared, leveled and smoothed a huge area, and we're ready for the rocks on Saturday morning. Should have a storage building Monday, then we can build some shelves and move stuff out of the garage. Once we have space to move, we're loading up the bikes the next weekend and going riding damnit!

Farkling is a sickness. Worse, the support group eggs you on to more and better farkles. It's a vicious cycle, no real cure. It just starts again when you buy your next machine.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:55 am

Hi everyone, I'm Beer Goggle and I'm a compulsive modder. There...I said it....

Feels good to be among like minded people freaky
Back to top Go down
csmart

csmart

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 8:16 am

My kids are getting in the way of completing my want list, dam responsibilities. baldy
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Whew! I'm glad I'm not alone!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Soooo glad to know that I am not the only one with an "issue"!  Thanks for all the support, gentleman.  Welcome!  Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! 723941
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:38 pm

By-the-way, here's a pic of my latest "had-to-do-it" WRR bedazzling:

I'm soooo ashamed!

Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! XxfNb9F
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:07 am

nah mate. a serious modder never get an fmf programmer
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

michiko wrote:
nah mate. a serious modder never get an fmf programmer

Thank you for calling everyone with FMF programmers out on not being "serious" enough.  droooool

I will re evaluate my life and the poor choices I've made, dedicate countless hours to understanding the many serious intricacies of the WR, and seriously consider hara-kiri / seppuku for my shameful failure.

Oooorrr... considering the WR is just one of many toys and hobbies I enjoy, I may just keep having fun with it.  I might throw on street tires, a bell, and pink tassels on the handlebars.  I'll let you know.
 lol!
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:52 pm

ooh sensitive. betyou wish that fmf progammer was that sensitive
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:53 pm

My wife is out of town for work occasionally. I time all the shipments to arrive accordingly. Hide them in the garage. She never notices them on the bike.

Man's gotta do what he has to do.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 11:08 pm

ahh, mine always catches me out with the card bills
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:06 pm

gatorfan wrote:
My wife is out of town for work occasionally. I time all the shipments to arrive accordingly. Hide them in the garage. She never notices them on the bike.

Man's gotta do what he has to do.

This is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while... Depending on how my divorce goes I may have you all beat... My ex would not let me have a bike, controlling b..... Inappropriate... She insisted on handling the divorce and I finally got papers that were rushed... I'm by no means this big of dick, although, given the situation... I offered to pay a lawyer over a year ago... Write it up as we're done you keep yours I keep mine, and she threatened me with years of court and thousands in lawyer fees... The lawyers I've talked to have informed me that I can take her for spousal maintenance, equitable distribution... If she fights and delays I will and plan on getting what I can and spending all the money on toys... Only I'd be sending her pics of what her money has bought me.... That's my spiteful side right thurrr... This way I could continue my habit and use my money to pay for the college/schooling I've signed up for... lmao

In addition, most support groups discourage the habit. It seems this is more encouragement, but this seems better...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!   Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder! Empty

Back to top Go down

Support group needed for the serial, compulsive WR modder!
Page 1 of 1