Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CRFan1

Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! Empty
PostSubject: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! EmptyMon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm

So the last mod on my list for now was to install an EJK fuel programmer and I did that tonight.  Engine wise I have a Q4 slip on, stock header, AIS delete, EXUP delete, No toil filter and the flapper mod.  I set up the programmer with the stock settings with the exception of setting number 5 which I moved from 4 to 6 right off the bat based on the many posts I have read.  So my settings are 3, 2, .5, 8, 6, 4.  I have to say, the bike runs excellent and after a good 30 minute ride, I experienced no issues whatsoever.  thumb   Main things I noticed was the flat spot that I had in that 1/8 to 1/4 throttle transition is gone, It seems to have a much stronger and more responsive low and mid-range pull now and you can lug it a bit more (this was noticeable and I was very happy) and it cruises MUCH smoother now...noticeably smoother especially at say 60mph (I have 13/48 gearing with a speedo healer).  All in a ll a great addition to the bike thumb cheers

Last edited by CRFan1 on Tue May 24, 2016 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! EmptyTue May 24, 2016 8:15 am

Cool.

That's the same experience I had with my fmf after getting the settings right, which are identical to yours btw. thumb
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! EmptyTue May 24, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks Biglake...I did indeed set the 5th setting to 6 based on your recommendation thumb   Also, I have no intention of chasing the settings in an effort to make it better, hehe.  It runs great, I am happy with it and I am leaving it alone.  Out of curiosity, what kind of mileage are you getting overall with these settings?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:39 pm

70-80 miles per tank.

I ride mostly offroad so my mileage is different every ride depending how slow the trails are.

I can go 80-90 miles per tank if I stay on pavement, I've done that but its been awhile and I don't keep track of mpg.
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Biglake wrote:
70-80 miles per tank.

I ride mostly offroad so my mileage is different every ride depending how slow the trails are.

I can go 80-90 miles per tank if I stay on pavement, I've done that but its been awhile and I don't keep track of mpg.

Holy cow is that the figure when the tank is empty or when your low fuel light goes on? I ask as I have been averaging about 60MPG and I would expect to see somewhere around 50mpg with the controller...hopefully a bit more. I have an IMS 3.1 tank but I will just have to figure it our for myself, lol.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:17 am

That's after the low fuel light has been on for a bit, it takes 6.5-7 liters of gas to fill up at that point.
I've never ran it out of gas just to see how far I can go and don't ride to save gas plus im 240 pounds lol.

The stock tank only holds 2 gallons and I doubt you can use every drop of it so at 50 mpg your not going to make it 100 miles....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!   Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Installed my EJK programmer tonight...impressed!
Page 1 of 1