Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Adjustable sidestand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmwrider1946

Adjustable sidestand Empty
PostSubject: Adjustable sidestand   Adjustable sidestand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 3:13 pm

I know I can't be the only person who has this problem. I'm a reasonably heavy guy at about 220. I also have the lowering link on my WR250R and when I stop and put the sidestand down the bike barely leans. Granted I'm not the most graceful individual in the world, but on more than one occasion I have parked the bike on a surface that is not quite flat and nearly dropped the bike. Today, I actually did a face plant in the gravel. (OK so I'm less than "not the most graceful") My question is this - since the sidestand is designed for the height of the bike as it comes from the factory, and the lowering link brings it down close to an inch, is there an adjustable sidestand available or a replacement?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable sidestand   Adjustable sidestand EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 4:25 pm

The side stand off the wrx model is the right length for a lowered wrr.
I don't think you can buy an adjustable side stand.

I lowered a KLR once and cut a inch off the side stand then welded the foot back on it, if you can weld this is a free option.
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable sidestand   Adjustable sidestand EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 11:21 am

I once modified a side stand on a Klr for a friend by cutting out an inch out of the stand. Then added a pipe on the outside,or internally (I forget). Rather than welding we drilled and bolted it back together. Essentially allowing it to be adjustable. It was an easy fix and has been working for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable sidestand   Adjustable sidestand Empty

Back to top Go down

Adjustable sidestand
Page 1 of 1