Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ReadyFreddy

G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One! Empty
PostSubject: G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!   G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 6:50 pm

I installed the G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer last weekend and was amazed on the difference it made.  Very smooth starting now.  Highly recommend one.
Also, installed ProTaper Adventure Bars with their adapter and bought longer throttle and clutch cables from Totally TTRs in England.  Nice company to deal with and fast shipping.  I had to splice in about 3 inches of wire on the kill switch/starter side but the signal/horn side was fine with just enough extra wire.  Installed Oxford Headed Grips and instead of cutting throttle side, I cut off a piece of the OEM throttle tube to give me the correct length.   This set up makes a big difference from stock.  My arms feel more comfortable and standing is great.
One other thing:  I took off my Flatland Racing skid plate and put 1 inch slices of rubber roof where the plate touches the frame and what a difference in sound deadening.   Another highly recommended farkle.
Back to top Go down
rrarthur

PostSubject: Re: G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!   G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes I fully agree. I put the throttle tamer on as well, and really like it. I also did the oxford heated grips. best thing is having warm fingers in the morning while commuting to work. Both are 2 great accessories.

I used an Eastern Beaver 3 circuit wiring harness to hook up my grips. that way I don't leave them on when the power to the bike is switched off. I have another circuit run to the front for switched power, and one direct to the battery. I painted the ends red (always hot) and blue (switched off) I used the direct for mini compressor, jumpstarting others, and my battery tender.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!   G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Guess I'm the opposite--I went quick turn.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!   G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 11:10 am

ReadyFreddy wrote:
I installed the G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer last weekend and was amazed on the difference it made.

WRXer wrote:
Guess I'm the opposite--I went quick turn.

I've tried them both and prefer the G2 Dirt Tamer by far.  More details and photos here if interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!   G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One! Empty

Back to top Go down

G2 Dirt Throttle Tamer...Get One!
Page 1 of 1