Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Off roading lack of power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Catlin987987

Off roading lack of power Empty
PostSubject: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 1:58 am

My bike has 250km and when for aome off roading in some sand. I installed a Tusk rad cap temp gauge and once it got to 250f it stalled out pretty easily. The dash light for temp never came on and it was only 20c that day. Once I got some speed it quickly came down to 200f, and the highway it dropped to 160-180f. Anyone else have that problem? The bike had new amsoil that day and the sight glass was still at the right place. The rad is clean.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 am

I don't understand what problem you are trying to explain.
Back to top Go down
Catlin987987

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 11:01 pm

It was stalling easily when it got was ridden hard and got hot.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 1:54 am

Did you confirm that the fan works? It should have come on around 220 F.
Back to top Go down
Catlin987987

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:05 am

Yes it does
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 am

So despite the fan coming on at 220 F, the temperature kept rising until it hit 250 F?
Back to top Go down
Catlin987987

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 5:33 pm

johnkol wrote:
So despite the fan coming on at 220 F, the temperature kept rising until it hit 250 F?
Thats what the temp gauge on the rad said, but the temp dummy light has never came on. Since I will be installing an exhaust I decided to install the Dobeck
EJK - GEN 3 9310207 thinking it may be going a bit lean when its really hot, and add in a bit more fuel. I will let you know know.
Back to top Go down
VW_Lee

VW_Lee

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I assume the temp light comes on when you turn the key before starting the engine. You can also verify what the bike thinks the coolant temperature is with the diagnostic mode:

http://wr250r.com/articles/diagnostics-mode

Lee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off roading lack of power   Off roading lack of power Empty

Back to top Go down

Off roading lack of power
Page 1 of 1