Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pricing a wr250

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
onoffroad

Pricing a wr250 Empty
PostSubject: Pricing a wr250   Pricing a wr250 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 5:13 pm

I have an old XT and I am looking for something a little more user friendly. My choice is a used wr250. I saw one in the area priced as one would expect. I wanted a little older. I have seen others priced at wishful thinking. Is it an insult to offer low to mid retail and start from there. This number can be $2k below their price. Or is the seller expecting $1k over retail or better. There are several dealers in the area and I would definitely ignore their wish price and start at low retail but I hate going to a motorcycle dealer and hearing their hype.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Pricing a wr250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pricing a wr250   Pricing a wr250 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 1:59 am

First of all, I would not describe the WRR as more user friendly than the XT; it has more power, better suspension, better ergonomics, but more user friendly it is not.

Secondly, what do you mean that the seller expects $1k over retail? You mean it is priced $1k higher than brand new MSRP? Are you buying from a dealer or a private party?

Maybe if you listed the actual prices that people are asking for their WRR we would be able to answer your question in a better way. Also list your location because that plays into the pricing too.

To the crux of your question: you can offer anything you want, $2k below asking price or even more, what do you have to lose?
Back to top Go down
onoffroad

Pricing a wr250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pricing a wr250   Pricing a wr250 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 am

My XT550 is kick start and has a carburetor. The heat from the engine to person is not pleasant at times. Also, because the fuel mixture does not follow demand like FI, my clothes retain a lot of exhaust odor. With the WR, I could press start and go. Now that I am looking, there are sellers following NADA guidelines.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Pricing a wr250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pricing a wr250   Pricing a wr250 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 1:35 am

XT 550?!?! You really mean the XT 550 that was last made in, what, 1982? Sure, any modern designed bike will be better than an XT550.

There are no NADA guidelines; it is a free market, with prices based on availability, location, season, etc. For real world pricing, search the classifieds at Advrider.

If you're not in a hurry and you live in a region affected by harsh winter weather, you might as well wait for a couple more months when the prices typically fall.
Back to top Go down
onoffroad

Pricing a wr250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pricing a wr250   Pricing a wr250 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 6:33 pm

I saw one on that other site at a fair price but it looks to be sold. It would have been a good road trip from NC. I generally go by NADA pricing because if you insure it for theft and it gets stolen, destroyed by fire, or driven over while parked you are usually going to get NADA value plus about the last 6 months of farkling if you have receipts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pricing a wr250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pricing a wr250   Pricing a wr250 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pricing a wr250
Page 1 of 1