Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X CONVERSION TO WR25OR Tyres

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peterjfox69

WR250X CONVERSION TO WR25OR Tyres Empty
PostSubject: WR250X CONVERSION TO WR25OR Tyres   WR250X CONVERSION TO WR25OR Tyres EmptyFri May 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi There,
I've recently purchased a WR250X in the UK. 2012 bike with 2500miles on the clock.
Am looking to convert to WR250R and am interested in upgrading the suspension as I'm wanting to replace my 2018 WR250F with this bike as I just don't use it and will never be able to ride it to its fullest capabilities anymore.
Yes, I know they are totally different bikes and all the usual chalk and cheese comments but I just don't use it and at 51 I just want to do more adventure touring/green laning/touring the TET etc without the hassle of short service intervals etc.
I love Enduro but with my spring/summer riding being destroyed by Covid 19 etc I could do more with the money even though I won't sleep for a week after selling it!
Anyways, my point is I'm looking for solid advice about the best way to improve the suspension on the WR250R to be able to get the best out of the bike as it seems a tad soft at the mo. I hear the rear shock rebound damping is a bit suspect?
I'm 6ft about 165lbs without all my gear on about 180lbs with and around 220lbs with luggage etc. Running 14/49 gearing with MT21/D606 tyres.
I'm based in the UK so way out of the great back up in the States.
Very interested to hear what you guys reckon.
Back to top Go down

WR250X CONVERSION TO WR25OR Tyres
Page 1 of 1