Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Back again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
1WheelDrive

Back again Empty
PostSubject: Back again   Back again EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:38 pm

Recently bought a used 2013 WRR after we moved up to Vermont last summer. Previously owned a used 2008? WR-X converted to dual sport, but it didn’t work for me at the time because I lived too far from the dirty riding in metro southern NH at the time. We now live in a very small town, a few miles from the nearest paved road, and Vermont is the 2nd lowest populated state, so back roads / dirt roads are the norm. I think the two-fiddy is going to work out fine and fun.

Bike has only 1300 miles on it. So I’m pretty confident it should be reliable. PO put an IMS 3 gallon and Seat Concepts comfort seat, both of which would have been my choices. Several other little farkles, but nothing earth shaking. It needs a chain. One of the POs geared down and put a crappy chain on it, so I’ll put an o-ring back on. There’s just no reason not to have an o-ring chain except you are too cheap.

OK, time for my question:
I’m tall, and want to be able to stand without feeling like I’m falling off the back. It feels to me like I need the bars up and forward, and maybe the pegs down and back. I’m not a new rider, have set up several bigger bikes to my satisfaction, so I kind of know what I’m going for. My other bike is a 2017 Africa Twin and I’ve got the position totally dialed in on that big beast, until it goes horizontal. Then the lifting stuff happens.

Thinking maybe so e pivoting Rox Risers, but everybody that buys them tilts them towards themself, and that is definitely not what I’m looking for. It’s already too cramped in stock configuration, I dont want bars even closer.

Any bigger guys been down this oath before?
Back to top Go down

Back again
Page 1 of 1