Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Came back to a WRR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
manganos

Came back to a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Came back to a WRR   Came back to a WRR EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:23 pm

I buy a bunch of bikes looking for the ultimate do all. One bike just won't work so I traded my Honda XR650R with dirt/sumo setup for a WRR with a bunch of extras on it. So now I have a Versys and WRR in the garage and hope to stop buying bikes in the near future ;)

I got rid of the WRX because it was underpowered for me for road use. I don't think I'll have this problem with the WRR because it will be used for 90 percent off road rides.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

Came back to a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Came back to a WRR   Came back to a WRR EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Congrats and welcome back!! wings
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Came back to a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Came back to a WRR   Came back to a WRR EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Welcome, HI!

*that sounds weird...getting rid of an x for a r
Back to top Go down
manganos

Came back to a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Came back to a WRR   Came back to a WRR EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:01 pm

inspector wrote:
Welcome, HI!

*that sounds weird...getting rid of an x for a r

Whatcha mean? The WRX or the XRR? If you mean the WRX, well the 250 platform while great in the city is just too underpowered for the type of riding I like to do on the road. It handled fine but didn't have the umph.

If you mean the XRR well it had PLENTY of power for the road and 4th gear power wheelies with ease. The XRR was set up with almost anything you can think of from BRAKING piston and rotors to shock swaps etc. What I didn't like about the XRR was I didn't want to buy a bracket and convert it everytime I wanted to challenge difficult terrain. While it was great on the Dragon with 17" stickies it would kind of be a pain to swap to off road rubber/wheels. Also I dreaded stalling the bike out on an uphill (if it is possible with all of that torque) or stalling in a creek crossing etc. With the WRR I can pick it up by myself and turn it around 180 degrees etc. The XRR was a "little" too heavy for me to just pick up and place where I wanted it ;)

Now I need to get a larger tank for the WRR swap out the handle bars for my pro-tapers etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Came back to a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Came back to a WRR   Came back to a WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Came back to a WRR
Page 1 of 1