Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Battery Recommendation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
exploreabitmore

Battery Recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Battery Recommendation   Battery Recommendation EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Hello!

Haven't gone for a ride in a while and finished some maintenance work on my bike, only to realize the battery is dead. Couple related questions.

(1) What is the typical life of a OEM battery, before replacement is recommended?

(2) What's the best battery one could buy, in terms of life an reliability?

I'm willing to pay a bit for a dependable battery and the confidence that comes from having one.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: Battery Recommendation   Battery Recommendation EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Battery life is mostly dependent on care, especially allowing a deep discharge and not charging very soon for flooded batteries (like OEM) can kill them in a week. Under good care and a good float charger 6-8 years is common.

Hard to beat an Anti Gravity li-ion one with restart tech. Have been saved twice by mine.

exploreabitmore likes this post

Back to top Go down
exploreabitmore

PostSubject: Re: Battery Recommendation   Battery Recommendation EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Starpower wrote:
Battery life is mostly dependent on care, especially allowing a deep discharge and not charging very soon for flooded batteries (like OEM) can kill them in a week. Under good care and a good float charger 6-8 years is common.

Hard to beat an Anti Gravity li-ion one with restart tech. Have been saved twice by mine.

Thanks!

I've been digging around and the antigravity batteries keep coming up.  I just bit the bullet and ordered one.  At 130, it didn't seem too bad compared to my 300 dollar car battery!

Thanks for the tips on battery care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery Recommendation   Battery Recommendation Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery Recommendation
Page 1 of 1