Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
greer

Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 pm

See jacque's post here:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/wrr-general-discussion-f3/brake-light-problem-t1660.htm

Just checked mine this morning, already starting to wear through:

Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring WRtaillightwire[/img]
Thanks again to jacque and inspector!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Thanks for the heads up...   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Mine's only got <600 miles, so no problems yet (and not much road salt here in Bama) but I'm gonna be keeping an eye on it just the same!

David
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:27 pm

And this is why AM taillights seem to eliminate the prob. I still have my stock stuff in a bucket. Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring 93746

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 pm

It's friction, not salt. I may need to look into one of those aftermarket outfits myself.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 am

With 5,400 miles on the bike the sheathing was starting to rub through on mine as well. I took the tail light assembly all apart and it was packed full of mud(inside the wiring sheathing around the resisters).
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Pam wrapped hers with that spiral plastic sheathing and used a click-on tie-wrap to secure it all up in place.

I'll go see if I can get to the rear end and get a picture. .....of the bike's that is.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 am

Looming works great. I have it under my seat hiding all my power programmer/relay wires. Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring 61865

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 am

They'll have to take our word for it.

I grabbed the camera and asked her if I could take a picture of the looming under her seat and she said it was going to cost me.

I'm in hock for the same request already so.... No dice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring   Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring Empty

Back to top Go down

Heads Up-- Taillight Wiring
Page 1 of 1