Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wrr gearing for trails?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
albrecht194

albrecht194

wrr gearing for trails? Empty
PostSubject: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 pm

ok, this maybe a noob question, but i have found that it is difficult to go through woods trails like single track where i need to slow to almost a stop but not quite. every time i go to slow to the speed i need i kill it and need to stop and restart and start out of first again which is somewhat difficult in the trails also, because it is what i think set for road. this is my first 'bigger' dirt bike, before i had a ttr125le and i could ride the trails without killing it at all and could start out much easier. would a 12t front help this at all or maybe a different FI mapping? i have the powercore 4 and a fmf power programmer. thanks in advance. and if anything is unclear let me know and I'll clarify. wrr gearing for trails? 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 pm

The 12T will do wonders for that. Stock gearing it's too long legged for bush riding. I found that out the second day on the bike. The 12 will also be the cheapest route, vs a bigger rear and a bigger chain. You can go to a 45T on the back before having to go to a bigger chain, so if you find the 12 isn't quite enuf, you can go up 2 more teeth on the back before you go to a bigger chain. I've found that the stock 43 and the 12 up front works very well. As for your fuel mapping, you can fiddle with the settings to get a bit more. Check out the FI map area and see if someone is running the same kind of setup. I run an Attitude on mine, and with the tires I have on this thing, it chews anything up I throw at it and spits it out. wrr gearing for trails? 61865

PostSubject: Re: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 pm

I second the 12T sprocket, it's cheap and makes a big difference for the cost so I would start there. just make sure you keep your chain loose enough.
Back to top Go down
albrecht194

albrecht194

PostSubject: Re: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 pm

mattf wrote:
I second the 12T sprocket, it's cheap and makes a big difference for the cost so I would start there. just make sure you keep your chain loose enough.

Thanks! if its too tight is that where the wear on the chain guide comes from? i saw the thread about the warning for that but i thought that would be from being too loose
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:21 pm

That's from being too loose, yes. I run mine on the tighter side and have yet had any troubles. Chain is still stiff even after 8000 miles. wrr gearing for trails? 61865

albrecht194

PostSubject: Re: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 pm

SheWolf wrote:
That's from being too loose, yes. I run mine on the tighter side and have yet had any troubles. Chain is still stiff even after 8000 miles. wrr gearing for trails? 61865

Thanks a lot! i gotta get on that asap. just put the new d606's on for summer after reading all the good reviews couldnt help myself. should be more fun riding the trails now! wrr gearing for trails? 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wrr gearing for trails?   wrr gearing for trails? Empty

Back to top Go down

wrr gearing for trails?
Page 1 of 1