Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Goodies from Flatland Racing

Go down 
+7
asheville thumper
mwakey
Louisbiker
Don T
ZED
SheWolf
DirtFarmer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

New Goodies from Flatland Racing Empty
PostSubject: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Hot off the press:

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486324112_nofEa-L

http://www.flatlandracing.com/

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486323036_y7koY-L

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486323582_yAWXN-L

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486323041_bCWJf-L

http://www.flatlandracing.com/
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:28 am

Looks like they are going along the same lines as the setup Force Industries has.

ZED

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Interesting looking design. If I was going for a radiator protector I'd try that one out. Their skid plate fit well.

Personally I'm going to risk it on the radiator. It's not this huge thing sticking out on a heavy bike like on the KLR so I don't know that it really needs extra protection for my riding.
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:46 pm

ZED wrote:
Interesting looking design. If I was going for a radiator protector I'd try that one out. Their skid plate fit well.

Personally I'm going to risk it on the radiator. It's not this huge thing sticking out on a heavy bike like on the KLR so I don't know that it really needs extra protection for my riding.

The lack of bracing from the factory was very evident and alarming (I have read several people’s posts on trashing their radiator). With the stock setup, I could wiggle the radiator with my hand with little effort. The guard itself, with the spacing between guard and the radiator not only protects the cooling fins of the radiator, but allows greater air circulation. The elimination of the plastic rear air deflector / brace(?) also greatly improves air circulation.
Back to top Go down
Don T

Don T

PostSubject: Flatland rocks!   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 3:00 pm

If it wasn't because I'm going to get the Safari tank, the Flatland rad guard would be on my list of things I want for my WRR thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey...no disk guards! wink

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:03 pm

SheWolf wrote:

I thought you'd never ask...

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486324012_ke5mB-L
Back to top Go down
Louisbiker

Louisbiker

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Holy.... thats cool... i want one :)
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 8:52 pm

DirtFarmer wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

WOW! What does that thing weigh?
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:29 pm

mwakey wrote:
DirtFarmer wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

WOW! What does that thing weigh?

12oz

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486886897_kqmRx-L

I need to get a life.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. That's a lot beefier than the whimpy GYTR guard, and it looks like a good solid mount too.

Nice scale BTW
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:52 am

What's the install like on the Radiator guard? I've read about problems in the past with some fitment issues on other bikes (specifically the DRZ).

That disc guard looks awesome!! Beats the heck out of all that blue Yamaha bling.
Back to top Go down
spikehead

spikehead

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:59 am

Now available? Cost?

DirtFarmer wrote:

Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:18 am

asheville thumper wrote:
What's the install like on the Radiator guard?

Pretty straight forward.

Flatland went the extra mile on the back brace. They recessed a channel in the brace so it will clear the fan and it will give the brace additional strength.

Also, the brace elimates the plastic behind the raditor allowing greater air flow. This was a big issue for me, I did not like the plastic cocoon the radiator was in. At low speeds, the air was trapped in there.

After I picked up the bike on Friday, I rode it 90 miles pretty hard in gravel and dirt. I stopped a couple of times and felt all around the radiator and the surronding areas, noticeable difference. And it was 20 degrees warmer than the last time I rode.
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 am

spikehead wrote:
Now available? Cost?

Should be, you may have to call them.

All of their other front disc guards are $89.95. So I am thinking about the same but don't quote me.

I have not settled up yet with Flatland, I just grabbed my bike and took off. Shog

Flatland is about a mile from my house.

http://flatlandracing.com/
Business hours are 9am-5pm (cst) M-F, and 9am-noon Saturday.
Toll Free 1-877-375-5527. ..
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: And Now From Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 am

This is a prototype off one of their existing designs:

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 486323748_Ge7mS-L

What the finish product will look like (I think):

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 487237230_zFyeX-L
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 am

DirtFarmer wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

Do you think a guard like this will actually protect the rotor? I am worried a front guard might just be another place to catch muds/roots/rocks/etc.

Has anyone ever had a guard like this save their front rotor? Anyone with real trail riding experience with a guard like this?

Just looking to hear about some real world experience. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 am

Some neat concepts there. Are they going to be adding tabs to the sides of that rack to cinch stuff down to, maybe?

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 am

Gargoyle wrote:

Do you think a guard like this will actually protect the rotor? I am worried a front guard might just be another place to catch muds/roots/rocks/etc.

Has anyone ever had a guard like this save their front rotor? Anyone with real trail riding experience with a guard like this?

Just looking to hear about some real world experience. Thanks.

I have used plastic (much like oem guards on race bike) and they can collect crap and be hard to clean out.

http://www.btosports.com/p/UFODISCGUARD

Any thing that gets in between the gurad and the disc should be easy to clean out with this guard.

If you want to see how many hits your guard takes, just go look at someone who has a andozied aluminum one. Usually the anodized is pretty beat up.
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:25 am

SheWolf wrote:
Some neat concepts there. Are they going to be adding tabs to the sides of that rack to cinch stuff down to, maybe?

I don't think they are, but I really don't know.

I ran my cinch straps through the holes and it worked great.

As soon as Roto Pax comes out with their one gallon fuel cell (about a month), I will be drilling and tapping the rack for their fuel mount. I want to tap the rack so I can easily take the mount on and off. I talked to the owner of Roto Pax and have one on order. Guaranteed not to leak. deal
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Nice to see Flatland bringing out more stuff for the WR.
What's the Rad Gaurd Weigh?
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 7:28 am

ZED wrote:
What's the Rad Gaurd Weigh?

Sorry, I missed your question.

I'm going to guess 8oz and you lose the plastic.

I now have the production tail rack, they did great work. thumb
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Just ordered the Flatland rad guard - my radiator is starting to look like the end result of a demolition derby. New Goodies from Flatland Racing 93746

$55 shipped New Goodies from Flatland Racing 640571 - not bad!!!!! Looks as good or better than the Force radiator guard (Flatland's bracket is welded to the guard, Force uses bolts which could come loose).

I just hope the thing will fit around my horribly dis-formed and mis-shapen radiator... New Goodies from Flatland Racing 724854 New Goodies from Flatland Racing 93746
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Rear Disc Guard and Caliper Carrier   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 783400182_at7MB-XL

New Goodies from Flatland Racing 784149840_h2ePZ-XL
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Purdy hardware! What'd that set you back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Goodies from Flatland Racing   New Goodies from Flatland Racing Empty

Back to top Go down

New Goodies from Flatland Racing
Page 1 of 1