Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skierd

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Empty
PostSubject: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:34 pm

One of the things i wanted to try to take up this summer is surfing, but only having a motorcycle kinda puts a damper on that... right?

deal

http://www.carversurfracks.com/csrmoped.html

Nope, a company out of Hawaii (Carver) makes a moped rack that bolts to an existing rack, or in my case the subframe. Drilled two holes in the fender and voila!

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfrack3

Bolted through the EB rack...
surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfrack2

...directly to two existing holes in the subframe.
surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfrack1

It came with a heavy steel lower plate that had several threaded holes in order to sandwich it and the upper plate to the tail rack of a scooter, but there wasn't enough room under the tail rack on the WRR to do that so I just used the two holes that were already there, plus four big flat washers and two nuts purchased from the local hardware store (all stainless).

Test fit with my wolfman enduro bags...

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfrack4

even at its closest-to-the-bike position, just enough room for the bags. Sweet!

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfrack5

Supposed to have a decent bit of swell Tuesday, temps in the mid 80's and sunshine all day. wings
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Kewl... I think I'll take the long bed for the long board. Not sure I can get my 9-4 on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwU30Cw5q8

Looks like typical summertime here.

http://www.hermosawave.net/webcam/videocam.php

....but the scenery is always good !
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Dave, toss on a pic with your board. thumb

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:52 pm

...and riding in your wetsuit ! surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) 851577
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Carver Surf Racks   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:34 am

ya dude! U have the same rack- used it on a ninja 250r and a rc51... Gnarly on the freeway! Post pics today.... Where do you ride/surf, Maryland? freaky Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Attempt to surf is a better description cripple Shog I've only gone a few times back before I sold my truck, this was my first time back to the ocean for the ocean in about 2 years. I'm still renting boards when I go, as 1) I don't have cash for one right now and 2) I'm wasn't sure how well the rack would work at hwy speeds.

Here's how an 8-7 fits...

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfboard1

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Surfboard2

sorry about the pic quality, the rain didn't listen to the forecast. GAHHHH Surprisingly stable on the road, the bike anyways. The board moves around a decent bit, next time I'm going to try pulling the supports out wider and wrapping the board with towels to give it a more solid fit. I didn't go faster than ~50mph, but with some more stability I don't see traveling with a board on the rack being an issue, especially if it were shorter and more securely attached (and in a bag).

Camped out on Assateague island in Maryland, just south of Ocean City. Tarp/bivy setup battened down for the t-storm that blew through in the middle of the night, soon to be retired for a real goddamn tent lol.

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Assacamp

Tried for a little dawn patrol session...
surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Assateague6292010a

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Assateague6292010

but no-way, no-how was I getting in that water this morning. Feet went numb standing in the shore pound trying to figure out where to paddle out, water temps in the low 60's and me w/o a wet suit. I ended up flailing around on the upper surf beach (79th street) when the sun finally came out around 11:30 and getting a couple decent rides in before setting off for home.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Great pics anyway, Dave! cheers Wow...the sunrise is breathtaking. Oh...and going into that without a wetsuit after a storm? TURTLE TURTLE!! lurk

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:08 pm

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not seen one of those racks in SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many years.
I had one on my mountain bike when I lived in Jersey (yes the Jersey beaches do get some wave action). We use to go to Point Pleasant, Barnegat Inlet and Seaside near the pier.
AWSOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Like: Total cowabunga right side long board combo skidplate side hack doode !

The good news is you have an auto dewaxer there with the stick on the right side !

Legally... I think you'll need a light on it at night and/or a red flag on the fins during the day.

...and I hope don' run through an crosswalks, you'll slice the pedestrians in quarters !

Looks like the tide is too high that AM as well.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Anything that sticks out further than 3 feet past the fender requires a red flag, tape, or some kind of thing showing an overlength.

kenner

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Could have used that surf board a few times during the Durty Dabbers in PA this year....rained so hard some sections of trail turned into rivers ...muddy rivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)   surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack) Empty

Back to top Go down

surfari wrr (carver surfboard rack)
Page 1 of 1