Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

another help ? bike wont start

Go down 
+7
0007onWR
PooTeeTat
f3joel
Medski
georgis4
SheWolf
foxxracer278
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

another help ? bike wont start Empty
PostSubject: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:21 pm

riding for about 30 mins then now why bike wont start. it cranks and cranks but wont start. when turing the key to on i would norm hear a noise had no clue what it was but it does not make that noise any more. checked all fuses and still nothing help? any ideas?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Do you mean that hum before you hit the starter? Did you check behind the left shroud panel and look at those tiny fuses? What year of bike is it again?

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Τhe noise you were hearing is the fuel pump...hopefully it IS a fuse....check again ALL of your fuses very carefully!
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:43 pm

its and 08 250x and yes i checked them all again. i waited maybe 20 mins went back to the bike and it fired up??? but then road it about 30 mins again a started to quit out on me and would not start could it just be bad gas?
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:56 pm

how old is the gas in it?
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 pm

maybe 3 weeks tops and i put stable in it to
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:31 pm

unfortunately it sounds like your fuel pump
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah, that does sound like it. A few others have had that same kind of diagnostic failure. Suspect

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 pm

this is just so weird bc i was able to start it again. could it just be bad gas? also price of fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:20 pm

I can't see it being bad gas. I've had gas in mine all winter, and fired it up after about 6 weeks, ran fine, no dying, nothing. It smelled perfectly fine too. dunno As for the pump, they're pricy (anywhere from $250 and up). Some have been able to get a replacement from their dealer under warranty even tho it's been well expired; I guess it all depends on who you deal with.

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 pm

yeh i guess i will bring it to the dealer and see what they say my buddy owns the place so lets hope
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:35 pm

It just seems a certain period of 08's had that problem, like right at the beginning. If your buddy owns the shop, you'll probably have a better chance. thumb Let us know how it goes.

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:42 pm

would it be better off getting an after market one?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:42 pm

I don't think there is an aftermarket available for this bike.

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:54 pm

i will ask the shop if a diff one will fit
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:26 pm

If they can find one that works, that will be a good option for everyone who needs to replace it. See what you can dig up. I know some pumps are interchangeable, just not sure about this particular one.

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 am

When you left it some gas managed to reach to the FI thats why it fired up and after that died cause your fuel pump just doesnt work to feed the engine.... another help ? bike wont start 986936 another help ? bike wont start 986936
Cross you fingers and pray that is some cable responsible and not the fuel pump it self...
I also have a 08 X but the bike runs just fine...
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

If you have to change out your pump here is some helpful info.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=101584&highlight=fuel+pump
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Yamaha won't admit it, but they had a bad run of fuel pumps in 08-09. I have a '09 Z125 that had a high failure rate. I haven't researched it, but I wouldn't be suprised if they use the same pump.

No whirr......no go. another help ? bike wont start 729626
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 pm

What's a Z125?
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:56 pm

The new four-stroke scooters.

I have mine bored and stroked to a 165 cc.

Does wheelies now... another help ? bike wont start 525406

It's basically what wants to grow up and be a WR someday. another help ? bike wont start 810411
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am

i am going to rip down the bike today and take out the pump and bring it in. this is my first fuel injected bike so i am a little lost on what is wrong and right about what noise is good or bad haha. so i will rip her down today and check it out.
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

foxxracer278 wrote:
i am going to rip down the bike today and take out the pump and bring it in. this is my first fuel injected bike so i am a little lost on what is wrong and right about what noise is good or bad haha. so i will rip her down today and check it out.
As long as your fuel pump makes noise (ANY noise) its fine......the problem is when it shuts up another help ? bike wont start Lol
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:49 am

Not really...there have been guys whose pumps have made noise, but the pressure sucked. Ultimately the bike wouldn't run because of that.

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:01 am

SheWolf wrote:
.... but the pressure sucked....
another help ? bike wont start Icon_scratch Pressure?? Vacuum??? Huh?????? another help ? bike wont start 93746

I've repaired many a fuel issue on various motors that turned out to be micro-cracks in a fuel line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another help ? bike wont start   another help ? bike wont start Empty

Back to top Go down

another help ? bike wont start
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next