Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
john92
kenner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kenner

kenner

no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage Empty
PostSubject: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 am

anyone run a no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage on their WR250R? Pros and/or cons? no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage Icon_scratch

thanks!
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm

I have one myself. I actually just cleaned it today. I've had it since not long after I bought my '09 and can't think of any cons. The cage is a very open plastic piece compared to the screened in metal cage that is under the stock filter. I bought it just because I had already done the flapper mod,removed all emissions, and put the full fmf setup on. I figured if I could give it just a little more air, why not?
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 am

went ahead and bought and installed the no-toil......had a friend mentioned that he'd be concerned that it might not keep debris/dust out as good without the stock backfire cage installed....doesn't appear to me that it would be an issue based on how the No-Toil fit. any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:49 pm

The fine foam of the filter is what keeps all the dust and dirt out. I don't think you'll have an issue. Mine has been pretty dirty inside the box while still sparkly clean on the other side of the filter towards the intake.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 pm

kenner wrote:
went ahead and bought and installed the no-toil......had a friend mentioned that he'd be concerned that it might not keep debris/dust out as good without the stock backfire cage installed....doesn't appear to me that it would be an issue based on how the No-Toil fit. any thoughts?

That backfire screen wouldn't stop any dust or dirt.
It's there to keep any one-in-a-million backfires from catching the oiled foam air filter on fire.
In fact, the reason the No Toil Hi-Flo kit has no screen on the holder cage is because the filter, itself, is treaded with a flame retardant.

Don't forget that the foam always needs to be reoiled with real foam filter oil whenever it's cleaned.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 pm

I just cleaned and reoiled mine. Rode for about an hour in HEAVY dust, we're talking 0 visibility. The filter came out pretty brown on the outside, but on the inside was sparkly clean. Soaked it in the cleaner, dried it out, reoiled it, looks spanking new. And a manly pink at that! no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage Suspect

Love this filter!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 pm

How would these filters compare to the K & N filters?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 pm

This may be a matter of opinion, but I wouldn't think the K & N would be what you would want for off-road high dust & dirt situations. They are more designed like their filters for street stuff (cars, street bikes), Right?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 am

I've never had any issue with running K&N filters in any off highway rig of any type. It's all about the quality of filtration. The better filtration, the better mechanical survivalbility. Frequency of cleaning may be increased........But so......................
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:58 pm

I think K&N is ok, but the No-Toil filters are super nice. I'm about to try No-Toils new non-alcohol filter oil on the K&N in my V-Strom and see how well that works. But for the WRR, the No-Toil high flow filter is just badass.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 am

Any of you guys care to post link to where you purchased your no-toil?

yes, I can google - but what fun is that when I can ask you to post the links? Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:24 am

I had my local shop in Port Elizabeth, NJ order it for me. Does that help you any? wink
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 am

Is this what ya got?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 pm

That would be the one. It comes with that plastic cage that replaces the metal screened-in stock cage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage   no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage Empty

Back to top Go down

no-toil hi flow air filter kit with cage
Page 1 of 1