Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

settle down for a long winters nap...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kenner

kenner

settle down for a long winters nap... Empty
PostSubject: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 pm

We'll , there she sits....tucked amongst the bicycles and other misc stuff at the head of my narrow one car garage. This fall I cleaned up the garage enough for my wife to park her car inside so it's snow and ice free as she heads to work in the morning (and selfishly so I don't have to scrape it off for her in the morning). I keep thinking that maybe my WR winter placement isn't so wise. For starters, my wife has never really warmed up to me riding a motorcycle and wasn't too keen on me spending money on a motorcycle that could have been used more ''wisely''........and now her headlights shine directly at it every time she pulls in the garage. I try to convince myself that by the end of winter , after staring at it every time she pulls in, she'll have a whole new appreciation for the WR. That maybe she'd see it the way I see it...as an awesome piece of engineering and a work of art......No, I know, probably not....but wishful thinking is often what gets me by. Thought about storing the WR at our company warehouse...out of harms way from the road salt that's been dripping off my wife's car and is now creeping ever closer..... and far from the possibility that the wife over-shoots the stop board and knocks the WR over...possibly bending my brand new Easton EXP Woods bend bars..... but I selfishly wanted to keep her close by...might want to run some laps in the backyard snow...or maybe put on the new tires or add some other mod that I don't really need but sure would be awesome. Yup, there she sits on her winter perch.....thought I'd post a story and photo .....maybe inspire others (who don't have the luxury of year round riding) to post a photo of their hibernating WR. Merry Christmas all !

[img]settle down for a long winters nap... 2010_k12[/img]
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 am

Since you can't ride the bi-cycles anyways, I say put ALL the bi-cycles both wheels up on hooks up on the rafters over the car since that is wasted space once she pulls in.

Put the WR up against the wall where the door is (provides a lift-turn handlebar-through-the-door solution for a inpromptu non-car-take-out exit into the snow get away.
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:08 am

the bicycle on the floor actually does get winter use....i've sacrificed that old Cannondale for winter riding fully understanding the slow death it will suffer due to Western NY road salting. I DO like your way of thinking to re-position the WR towards the man-door for easy exit towards back-yard fun even if my wife's car is inside......Thanks for the feedback....I never need my arm twisted to crack a beer and putts around in my garage !
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/915racer?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/lTwBbWEaDA0

i do not understand,why put it away ? i used my wr250x all last winter
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 am

I'm not quite ready to spike tires and race an Ice oval (very cool footage by the way) BUT your profile photo and the cover photo above by Inspector has inspired me to get my new tires mounted and i've planned a seasonal road/trail ride for New Years Day ( the weather forcast has also motivated me..... 50 degrees expected on Saturday versus the low teens that we've been having ). What better way to bring in the new year !!
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:24 pm

you need more rims :) that pick is on the lake with a set of one studs. one stud per knob, AMA class thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: settle down for a long winters nap...   settle down for a long winters nap... Empty

Back to top Go down

settle down for a long winters nap...
Page 1 of 1