Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
glock19

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:59 am

Bent brake lever and bent in small radiator tab is what i did today. baldy
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:44 am

glock19 wrote:
Bent brake lever and bent in small radiator tab is what i did today. baldy

I'd say God must have been reading your mind when you were daydreaming at work the other day about adding some farkles and getting some hand guards and a radiator guard? Very happy

I put my yamalink on the other day, today after yard chores Im gonna try it out in the dirt I hope.
Back to top Go down
SteveO

SteveO

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Finished putting the Lynx Fairing on.
Finished with the HID wiring.
Finished with the Eastern Beaver Fuse Panel
And, finally finished wedging the gas tank under the GPR Steering damper.....that wasn't easy.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:35 pm

hey steveo, would you be able to post more details on your lynx fairing install and HID wiring? doesnt need to be too much but i am interested in seeing more details on what you've done.

----

I spent a day last weekend wiring up a bunch of stuff. Wired up my new Vision X LED lights, HDB integrated shield turn signals, waterproof USB port, and on off switches for the LED lights (so I have the option of turning one or both on). The on off switches are pretty cool, nice and small, push button I got from HDB that are installed in the HDB top clamp. The LED's are terrific, really glad I got them. Since Im not using the license plate light connector I decided to use it for the USB port and also for the relay switch for the LED lights. Damn I just thought of something scratch I forgot to see if there is a fuse for the license plate light, if not I guess Im going to have to wire up a fuse for the USB port.

Next on the list, change the oil/filter and replace the stock drain bolt with the zeta magnetic drain bolt thumb
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:03 pm

I bought it!

Well, actually I bought it yesterday, but I drove 8 hours each way to get it, so when I got home last night I went straight to bed. Unloaded it today and pulled it in the garage. Stripped the AIS pump, intake thingy, passenger pegs, front reflectors, helmet lock, tool kit, and seat strap.
I also de-stickered the tank. They really didn't want those to come off. They were a PITA!

I also removed my whole tail light assembly in preperation for my Egde kit that arrives in three days.

Sadly I still can't ride it. It's not titled, registered, or insured yet... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Shinko 244 Tires   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Yesterday I installed a set of Shinko 244's on my 250X, a 4.60 & 5.10X17. If the 4.60 doesn't work for the front I'll be ordering a 21" wheel. A couple of days ago I installed an accessory plug (BMW style), a 12 relay for switched voltage for heated grips, and repositioned the rear turn signals to the top of the brakelight that were mounted on top of the rear fender. When I bought the bike the taillight assembly had been removed and modified. For now I'll leave it the way it is until I run in to some problems.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Cimg2524-M

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Cimg2525-M

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Cimg2526-M

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Cimg2529-M
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Installed white rear fender, pro moto billet rack and put the SM wheels on for my weekly commuting. My natural IMS 4.75 tank will be here this week and I'll be ordering new white front fender and headlight plastic to complete the transformation to white.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Rack_f10
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I rode it! :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 050811wr-250xx002
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:14 pm

YZEtc wrote:
I rode it! :)

It doesn't look like it. It's way to clean. amazon
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:39 pm

It be my street bike.
It stays relatively clean, and after the weekend fun is done, it gets a wipe-down. :)
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Heated Grips   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Today I finished the installation of heated grips. Last week I installed the 12V relay that applies power to them when the ignition switch is turned on. You don't want to forget to leave them on and run down the battery! Last week I also installed a hot, 12V jack, for accessories and charging the battery. The grip heaters are $20 from Rocky Mountain ATV, and I installed Pro Gel Grips over them. It's pretty easy to do, cut off or pull off the old grips, clean the bar and throttle, stick on the heating elements, spray some hair spray in the grip and on the bar, and slide the new grips over the elements. Follow the directions for hooking up the power and switch, and you're ready to go.
I also did the flapper mod today.

This morning we had some snow and now it's raining, so heated grips and jacket could be in order for a ride this week. Is this really May?

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 CIMG2570-M

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 CIMG2571-M

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 CIMG2572-M

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 CIMG2578-M
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Only one thing worse than snow in May!   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:52 pm

kbike wrote:
Today I finished the installation of heated grips. Last week I installed the 12V relay that applies power to them when the ignition switch is turned on. You don't want to forget to leave them on and run down the battery! Last week I also installed a hot, 12V jack, for accessories and charging the battery. The grip heaters are $20 from Rocky Mountain ATV, and I installed Pro Gel Grips over them. It's pretty easy to do, cut off or pull off the old grips, clean the bar and throttle, stick on the heating elements, spray some hair spray in the grip and on the bar, and slide the new grips over the elements. Follow the directions for hooking up the power and switch, and you're ready to go.
I also did the flapper mod today.

This morning we had some snow and now it's raining, so heated grips and jacket could be in order for a ride this week. Is this really May?

Sweet install!

SNOW? 72 and gorgeous every day this week here in Pennsy.

Of course I farked up my new master link today doing the 48t sprocket changeout so I'm not gonna enjoy any of it for a few days.

First lesson learned at returning bike owners school for me. Don't buy something (Regina chain) that nobody stocks parts for local. Seventeen bucks to get them sent next day from Rocky Mountain.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Painted my exhaust shield. Can't wait to get rid of that blue!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Westto10
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Rode 50 miles to the woods, then rode about 60 + miles of mostly single track, then rode 50 miles home in torrential rain. All with one tank of gas! thumb

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Img-2011
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:05 pm

You know we only did 33 miles today, right? LOL
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Then my odometer must be way off because that's NOT what it said.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:54 pm

trav72 wrote:

My GPS said 33 miles and the odometer on bike said 37. :)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

DougZ wrote:
You know we only did 33 miles today, right? LOL

trav72 wrote:

Ok so how big was that fish?? poser2
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm going to turn my R into a X if I can't find someone to switch wheels I'm going to lace up a set using my hubs..
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm

DougZ wrote:

My GPS said 33 miles and the odometer on bike said 37. :)

I don't know what to tell you. My odometer said I rode a 167 miles today. I know it's 51 miles from home to where me meet. X2 is 102 miles. That leaves 65 miles. scratch

Tammy wrote:

Ok so how big was that fish?? poser2

About this big
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:08 pm

and the transformation to white/natural complete! Now I just need to get it dirty so that nice clean white plastic will match the rest!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 White410
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Today....   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Started my prep for the TAT--initial load planning. This is going to be a true TAT--Charleston SC wheel in Atlantic water to Jellico start of mapped TAT then wheel in water at the Pacific. Travel light, fast and often. This will be the configuration for Utah and Nevada where gas stations don't grow close together Very happy
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 GEDC0082
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 GEDC0083
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:55 am

Today I installed air bleeder valves in the forks. Cheap and easy way to remove the air pressure in the forks.
Yesterday I did a valve adjustment on my WR450, replacing one shim in the left exhaust valve bucket. I was hoping the 250 and 450 used the same size shims, but unfortunately they are different sizes, 7.48 vs 9.48mm. It was the first time I actually changed a shim on the WR, so it was a good learning experience for when I need to do the 250. thumb
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Went through an entire IMS 4.75 tank of gas riding to the woods, in the woods and back home. I love the range this tank gives me.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Installed the X wheels and rinsed it off after yesterdays dirt activities. Will spend this week getting it ready for my road trip next week.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 1024-l10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 7 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next