Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Off-idle stumble

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sedwards

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:47 pm

About to pull trigger on a used 08 WR. 1500 miles, appears to be completely stock, not a scratch on it..... at a dealer. Took a quick ride thru the dealer parking lot (all they would allow) and it seems to have a big bog right off idle. They flushed gas and says its better but "they all do that"! Given that i will be doing extensive mods to the bike, it's not a deal killer but wondering if it could be indicative of any other issue with FI. I am aware of how choked up the bike is stock. Any thoughts on whether this is a problem or not??

Any info appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Mine will do that when its cold. When the engine is warmed up the off idle bog is gone. Looks like you have a few nice bikes in your stable.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Mine has a dead spot from full off throttle to just opening it up. When warming it up when cold it stumbles... after a few minutes it stops.. I would not be concerned.
Back to top Go down
sedwards

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. It was a very cold day when i rode it and i wasn't allowed to ride it for long enough to get it very hot.

I do need to get rid of a few bikes! The 450x goes if i get a 250R. The FJR goes when the Tenere comes in. I've got too much into the KTM 950 to ever get rid of it!!
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Those are the kind of problems many dream of.. It will be fine.
Back to top Go down
hamish54

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Even with FMF programmer, Q4, & airbox mods, my WRR stumbles off idle until it warms up, especially in cold weather. I found this out the hard way while pulling into traffic and it bogging down with a truck coming my way..... Once warmed up, no problems....
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 pm

My WRR motor is dead stock. When cold it needs some RPM to stay above the bog. This only seems to happen during a quick throttle opening. Rolling on the throttle smoothly, even cold, results in no bogging. When warmed up there is no bog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Off-idle stumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off-idle stumble   Off-idle stumble Empty

Back to top Go down

Off-idle stumble
Page 1 of 1