Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Empty
PostSubject: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:05 am

Decided to try out some trails I had never been on today. Muddy trails on the stock Death Wing tires is a challenge. I think I was on the "Blue Loop" at Mill Creek. Can't wait to do it again with proper dirt tires. badmotorscooter let me use his wide-angle GoPro Hero camera to capture some of my day, thanks man. I want to buy one, but am thinking about the regular lens just to see the difference. The terrain in this video is very, very steep, but the camera makes it look flat and it straightens the corners. There are a few sweet jumps in here, but its hard to tell. I love how it captures the landscape as well as the trail....

Mill Creek 14April2009 Pt1 VIDEO
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 am

WOW!

mud pool and rock hills thumb

Looks like the the camera took some beating... did you try to secure it other than mounting it to the base plate?

What's your setting for sound recording? Hi or low?

nice vid thumb
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Still shots   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 am

I only used the suction cup mount, but Pete does have other mounts attached to his bike. Sound was set to "Hi".
Overall I was very impressed with the camera and R²'s capabilities over rough terrain. I rode 30 miles of slab to get to the trails, rode 30 miles of dirt then 30 miles of pavement back home, 90 miles for the mathematically challenged. This bike impresses me every time I get on it.

Self Portrait
GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Selfportrait

Rest stop
GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Reststop

Mill Creek
GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Creekside

Bloody gloves and mud are signs of; 1. hard riding 2. A good time 3. pencil pusher hands 4. All the above
GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Hardriding

Bath before bed
GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Readyforbed
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 am

Nice thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 am

eeek I was like "Duuuude! You are MISSING the puddles!!!" wink Looks like fun was had regardless tho. There are places where you can see on either side of the tral where it drops down; I noticed it and if you know where to look you can see the shadowing for the drops. Nice touch going over those logs, btw. thumb

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 am

Man.... Those puddle looked like they could have been fun.... Nice Vid all the same *nod nod*
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Mud?   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Most of those puddles do NOT have a bottom. With the stock Death Wing tires I would have face planted more than once. Despite the sunny day, the weather was still chilly, and even cold once I was soaked from the creek crossings. Hard to tell on the video, but that creek was very deep, almost waist deep in some places. Being several miles from civilization, riding alone, I thought it best to avoid crashing ;-)

Why do you guys like mud soo much anyway?

Mud just slows me down, soaks riding gear, and takes too much time to clean up. deal
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

I guess it's just the 4 wheeler in me from when I was a teen. I got bit by the bug and any time I can get into that stuff I dive right in...sometimes literally. wink Very happy

PostSubject: Re: GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!   GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works! Empty

Back to top Go down

GoPro Hero...sounds stupid, but works!
Page 1 of 1