Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Let's talk about - LEATHERS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

Let's talk about - LEATHERS Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about - LEATHERS   Let's talk about - LEATHERS EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 am

Alpinestars....Rjays... Clover... blah blah blah

1 piece... 2 piece... 3 piece meals...

long gloves... short gloves... mx gloves

What do you wear to protect your skin on the track? lurk
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about - LEATHERS   Let's talk about - LEATHERS EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:22 am

Vansons. I have to have custom based on my size, so they ain't cheap, but they are the best made IMO.

Let's talk about - LEATHERS HT4U3163

I'm a self confessed safety nut as my commuting suit is also the best made IMO in that it is a Cycleport suit, but unreal protection.

Oh yeah, gloves. For the track and a different pair for winter, I wear Helimot H20s and Buffalo 365s respectively. They both have saved my hands in what could have been nasty offs.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about - LEATHERS   Let's talk about - LEATHERS EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 am

I wear a two piece alpine-star leather suit for road track, motard track, and touring on my Ducati.
I wear textile jacket and pants when commuting and when touring on the KLR.

Some say the two piece leathers aren't as strong, and I expect that is correct. However mine have been tested in high-sides, low-sides, and stupid high-speed-high-sides. I'm quite pleased and will likely get another suit like it when it wears out.

I use Joe Rocket gloves for warm weather because they're very long, do up securely, are supple, yet have multiple layers of leather where needed. Those have been tested too.
I have another glove for cooler weather but they aren't as long so I don't like them as well.
For down right crappy weather when touring I have a pair of HD Gerbing heated gloves. They are uber long and toasty. thumb
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about - LEATHERS   Let's talk about - LEATHERS EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:07 pm

I have crashed in Joe Rocket, Teknic and Alpinstars leatherers. AS all the way!

Let's talk about - LEATHERS July07_03
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about - LEATHERS   Let's talk about - LEATHERS EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Two piece leathers -- I use them for touring, too.

Spidi have held up for three crashes.

J-Rocket back protector (CE level 2)

Full gauntlet gloves. Don't want any exposed skin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about - LEATHERS   Let's talk about - LEATHERS Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about - LEATHERS
Page 1 of 1