Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skrew

Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Empty
PostSubject: Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:34 am

Hi guys!

I am taking too seriously idea to get a simple, small, multi-functional and waterproof device to my bike.

And I have some progress! I found local dealer of these universal DIY tachos:

• 3 different dimensions (I'll measure it tonight)
  • 2 types of LED indicator (3 digits and 4 digits)
  • GREEN or RED indicator colour for 3-digits indicators
  • total 10 models available
  • 2 or 3 modes (tacho/volt-meter and tacho/volt/temp-meter)
  • 1 button configuration
  • 2 and 4 stroke 1-12 cylinders
  • temperature sensor from -60 up to +250 C
  • voltmeter range is 7,5 - 20 V
  • CHEAP (about $15 w/o shipping)

Due to their dimensions and simplicity I am thinking about housing from silicone wax or fabric box with clear lid ($5), or even to re-solder LED screen and button near to front panel and hide all electronic under the seat.

See photos!
Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Compar10Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363g10Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363g11Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363r10
Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363r11Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv563g10Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv563r10Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv44r-10
Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv44r-11Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv564r10Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv564r11Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tvt44r10
Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tvt44r11Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tvt44r12Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363g12
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:17 am

Well, they look good, but none of those have a big enuf face to handle the extra digit it will need to cover that tach. We need a 5-digit board.

PostSubject: Re: Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 am

SheWolf wrote:
Well, they look good, but none of those have a big enuf face to handle the extra digit it will need to cover that tach. We need a 5-digit board.

My thoughts is to install the green 3 digits tach-volt meter with the smallest dimensions to the left from the original panel.
Back to top Go down
gotalf

gotalf

PostSubject: Re: Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:44 pm

interested, keep up with details
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:49 pm

I would be interested in one also, especially at that price.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: here comes sizes   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:08 am

This is all but the smallest tacho, left it in garage, will post later.

tv563 red/green 3 digits LED

Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363-10 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363-11 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363-12 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv363-13

tv44/tvt44 red 4 digits LED

Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt10 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt11 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt12 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt13

tv564/tvt564 red 4 digits LED

Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt14 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt15 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt16 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt17 Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Tv-tvt18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters   Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters Empty

Back to top Go down

Plenty of DIY tachometer voltmeter temp-meters
Page 1 of 1