Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Decided to do my own Taillight setup

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rc23

rc23

Decided to do my own Taillight setup Empty
PostSubject: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:43 pm

New to the forum - New to WRx's. Stoked on my new pitbike / commuter.

Anywho - hated the stock tail mess and wasn't about to spend ~$100 on an aftermarket one...luckily I kept all the stock stuff from one of my race bikes.

Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Decided to do my own Taillight setup 2908527640058907145S600x600Q85

Decided to do my own Taillight setup 2659196880058907145S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:08 pm

What one is that, Ross? It look sweet! thumb

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:27 pm

OEM tail light from a 2009 Yamaha R6.

06-11 will work. Best part is that the plug is identical to our stockers...I just had to make the wires longer.

thumb
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:15 am

Nice. Do you have an integrated flasher for it as well?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Negative. The stock light is just a normal tail with running/brake functions.

Thankfully VA does not require turn signals on bikes but I might swap it for an integrated one later.

...but then again, this was free and one less part cluttering up my garage

thumb
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

I like it! thumb
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:35 am

Love it, looks like its almost made for it, think Ill do that too, is it possible to mount it out more so that its like right at the edge?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks.

You can possibly move it out a little further but it won't be as stable. I fabbed up a bracket and just pop-riveted the light in place. You can even see it from the sides especially at night...I'll post some more pics tonight or tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decided to do my own Taillight setup   Decided to do my own Taillight setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Decided to do my own Taillight setup
Page 1 of 1