Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine Noise, please listen

Go down 
+36
66T
CaptTurbo
cheer199
oPAULo
cctxbmx
GT-250
xy500
mr_beat
rudeney
mhm2a
flatboarder
slomoto
treybrad
keith_mahoney
Oblivion
aaronhall555
mordicai
BuilderBob
SoupSandwich
toast
addikted2boost
Monkeynuts
DougZ
trav72
Akasy
f3joel
usgpru27
0007onWR
whizzerwheel
MotoKirby
SheWolf
skierd
galland1
YZEtc
motokid
little squirt
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Monkeynuts

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Is there a rubber O- ring on the filler plug ?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:01 pm

There is on mine.

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:53 pm

going to try this little experiment for my ride home after work and see if it changes anything............ lurk

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 E2ccd1a4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Quasi crank vent... wink

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:44 pm

little squirt wrote:
going to try this little experiment for my ride home after work and see if it changes anything............ lurk

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 E2ccd1a4

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! bow bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:34 pm

well dang, no difference by the time i got home, still has a whining sound at idle when hot.............. Suspect back to the drawing board..........
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:27 am

Proper female bike you have got.

Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine.............
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 pm

got a hook up on complete used motor. should be here next week. going to swap out engines and then tear mine down to see if i can find the problem. Looks like i'll have a extra engine to play with wink
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: dang    Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:42 pm

i woula just did the 280 kit bye the time everythings said and done youll probly spend less? but im just guessing
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 pm

yea, but im not sure a piston will fix my problem yet....i'll save that for when i tear my motor apart, then i'll do a 280 kit on it and send the head for some loving wink
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm with 0007. If you lost a bearing it would be bad all the time and fail pretty fast. Has it become more frequent since you noticed it? Pulling the motor apart would be the last thing I would do.

It almost sounds like a trapped air bubble that is bouncing around in the coolant or oil. When you changed the oil did you open the weep bolt? I never do, but those little japanese engineers probably put it there for a reason. Next start up crack it open until you get flow.

Keep us updated, I like these kinds of problems (provide they aren't mine Very happy )
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

ya well this shit is going to blow your mind.

left work yesterday and after my ride home i come to the traffic light and stop, motor making the same noise (as expected) after it warms up at idle. I ride up to the next light and when coming to a stop in third gear i didnt down shift or use clutch. Just came to stop using brakes and let the bike chug down in gear until it almost stalls then i snapped in the clutch lever. Noise is gone...

I take a two extra laps around my neighborhood and get home, let bike idle....no noise

Hmmmmm, I come to work today and its usually making that noise by the time i pull into work...today, nothing, no more noise

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it stays this way.........

BTW, my motor hookup didnt go through yesterday, guy had some issues he said....

Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Man you are lucky Squirt! I love how these things just work themselves out sometimes. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. cheers
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 pm

It sounds like a pumping noise on the video clip, but maybe it is something loose in the clutch pack singing? Did clutching ever make the sound go away before?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:32 pm

little squirt wrote:
Hmmmmm, I come to work today and its usually making that noise by the time i pull into work...today, nothing, no more noise

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it stays this way.........
Great news!
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Hoping your hiccup is done thumb
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Well 30 years in the industry and a decade of service and warranty toughr me that mechanical problems NEVER get better EVER
so, you do not have a mechanical problem, I would look at disassembling your water pump etc for inspection
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Yea, im not sure im in the clear, im just saying that squeeling sound is no more. going to pull the clutch & basket out tonight along with the water pump too. pics to come this evening....
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:36 pm

well pulled the clutch out of it and didnt really notice anything that stuck out. next up is the waterpump.

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 4dda9e76

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 F6b20b6d

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 Ee24b5d6

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 4ad771ef

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 331337bf

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 1dd992de

Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 30dda926
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Clutch   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Nice photos Squirt. Your handy with a camera. Those plastic gears kind of scare me.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Yea, i wasnt too impressed with plastic oil pump gears either budah
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 pm

little squirt wrote:
Yea, i wasnt too impressed with plastic oil pump gears either budah
Yeah, WTF is up with that???? What's the reason for using PLASTIC gears for the oil pump?
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Just about every bike has plastic gears, some have had chains in the past but that makes problems
Oil pumps have a consistent load with no weird spikes, they are silent and they don't wear
It's perfect
Have you ever heard of an oil pump gear failure?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:42 pm

When I first saw them it kind of took me back, but after I thought about it for a minute it was obvious that Yamaha had made them of that material for a good engineering reason and not to save money. Thanks for the explanation
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm

There have been gears made of that stuff being used in Yamaha motorcycles for yeeeeeeeaaaaaars. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Noise, please listen   Engine Noise, please listen - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine Noise, please listen
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next