Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors

Go down 
+2
toast
SoupSandwich
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Just installed these today. First impressions are that they are definitely small but from what I can tell just sitting on the bike they have a good view of what is behind me. I will have to go for a ride to really see how well they perform. No matter what though they are 100 times better than the stock mickey mouse mirrors.
PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors IMG_1260
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Let's see a pic of your whole bike - I haven't seen a red one yet.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:56 pm

LOL he's got it posted in a few threads. Very happy

motokid

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:32 am

SoupSandwich wrote:
No matter what though they are 100 times better than the stock mickey mouse mirrors.
PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors IMG_1260
Perhaps. But unless they project far enough out past your arms to give you a better view of what's barrelling down on you from behind, they aren't even close to being better than the stock mirrors.

Unless your idea of a good time is having a rig pig run you down from behind because he's in a hurry getting to his jobsite, didn't get enough sleep last night, but is making up for it sucking coffee while driving well above the speed limit with his cell phone glued to his ear.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 am

While I truly despised the stock Mickey-mouse ear mirrors I must say the Powermadd's are, IMHO, not a reasonable replacement.

For me, they are too small and don't give the best feedback.
Being that they are typically mounted right out at the end of the barkbuster they do give you some view past your elbows.
That being said, they are small, and the fisheye lens kind of view is just not adequate for my comfort.
I constantly look over my shoulder whenever possible.

I'll be replacing mine very shortly with something that offers a better compromise between the stock MM ears and the Powermadd.

I'm old though, and my vision is getting worse, so perhaps younger, stronger eyes can see better with the Powermadds.

I would NOT recommend them. Just my 2 cents.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs

Last edited by motokid on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stoopid fingers - typo)
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Gotta love the amount of opinions there are on here....... Sleep So far they are both better style wise and function wise. I can see behind me very clearly and I never make a move without looking over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:25 am

Maybe not so 'X' but ideal for "R".

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571500&highlight=mirrors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors   PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors Empty

Back to top Go down

PowerMadd Handguard Mirrors
Page 1 of 1