Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

which aftermarket handlebar?

Go down 
+3
mrgeoff
SheWolf
NorgeWR2X
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

which aftermarket handlebar? Empty
PostSubject: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:47 am

hi so i dislike the oem bar. would like an aftermarket bar but dunno which brand. are there ones made for the wr2x with predrilled holes for controls? thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:25 am

AFAIK none of the aftermarket bars come with pre-drilled holes for the controls. I've got Renthals on mine and love them, but that's a whole personal choice with anyone. thumb

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:
AFAIK none of the aftermarket bars come with pre-drilled holes for the controls. I've got Renthals on mine and love them, but that's a whole personal choice with anyone. thumb

thnx for the info. do you have a pic and which renthal bar you got? as for drilling your own holes, you just used the oem bar as template right? thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:03 pm

I didn't drill any holes, I was lucky enuf to be able to slide mine right on without any problems.

which aftermarket handlebar? Img_0810

which aftermarket handlebar? Img_0811

The bend is McGrath and is pretty close to the stock bend. thumb

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:52 pm

For the holes, I trimmed off the pin on the emergency stop switch, as its plastic.
I drilled a hole for the throttle to seat in, as this was a metal pin. In the wrenthal bars, they are thicker wall, so the hole didnt go all the way thru.

Jimmy Button bend on mine, similar bend to stock, but taller. I did trim off half inch or so each side though to keep them the same width as stock (I like to filter thru stationary traffic)
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 pm

thnx for the pics. the fat bar looks way nicer than OEM, but which brand doesn't have this cross bar? it gets in the way of a GPS ram mount. thanks
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm going with these and the pro taper mounts, I'll add a pic when I get them on. http://www.protaper.com/products/handlebars/metal-mulisha-handlebar
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 pm

these are EASTON bars, oversize (1 1/8) w/ Yamaha oversize clamps.
RM mid bend (about 1/4 inch higher than stock)

which aftermarket handlebar? Dsc05110
i love the sweep and the rigid feel (and it got rid of the center bar)

which aftermarket handlebar? Dsc05111
yes, i had to drill two holes..make sure the throttle tube doesn't bottom out on the bars when installing..also watch for reduced clearance atop the forks..

which aftermarket handlebar? Dsc05112
handguards by UFOplast w/ oversize hardware
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 pm

I hope this isn't a dumb question but here goes.............is there a noticeable difference in aftermarket bars ?? I would like to upgrade someday but I've got to bend or brake the stock ones first....Jason
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 am

The really noticeable difference comes if you really hate the bend of the stock bars. The stock bar bend bothers my wrists, so the $100 I spent to change to a bar I like by the time the bike was 2 days old was well worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which aftermarket handlebar?   which aftermarket handlebar? Empty

Back to top Go down

which aftermarket handlebar?
Page 1 of 1