Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert Empty
PostSubject: Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert   Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 am

Hello X~Fans! I have come up with a low budget hi-flow exhaust insert...

We all know that gravesmotorsports.com makes a high flow exhaust insert for $99. Like many this is just a little expensive for me. I did a little browsing through catalogs and realized that the stock WR exhaust is very similar to many aftermarket exhausts. That said I found and ordered the pro-circuit modular quiet tip with the 3.5" base.

I knew it would not be a perfect match for the pre-drilled holes but the main aspects are there. Plus it is almost 1" larger diameter center pipe with no screen.

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert 2011-016

Pro-Circuit modular quiet tip 3.5"base

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert 2011-017

Part number: PC4001-0000

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert 2011-018

Use the stock metal gasket to mark your holes. !!THE GASKET IS DIRECTIONAL!! I marked mine so that the bend is further to the side to avoid exhaust on my turn signal.

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert 2011-019

Make note! The metal gasket and the holes on the stock exhaust only go one way. Do not do what I did and flip the gasket and drill unnecessary holes.

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert 2011-020

Holes marked. All that is left is to drill them out.

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert 2011-021

I am going to weld in the existing holes and the one I messed up. Notice the extra hole on the bottom left is the one I made a mistake on...

Nice little power increase, nice mellow deep tone and inexpensive. On the flip side my bike is only 3 weeks old and if I need to bring it back to the dealer it takes 5 minutes to switch out the spark arrestor back to the stock one to comply with my 5 year warranty.

The entire project costs $23 shipped. 10-20 minutes prep and install time.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert   Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

Nicely done! The only thing to me, would be that for the riders who do take their X's offroad into the bush, they're gonna need that spark arrestor screen. deal

PostSubject: Re: Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert   Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 am

You know I've been planning to do the same thing for a year+ now but never did, have the insert sitting here even. Maybe today finally...

You could probably also adapt the spark arrestor from ProCircuit to fit too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert   Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 am

Yes, The spark arrestor will have to be adapted just like the cap but it will work and it is much much cheaper with a higher flow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert   Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert Empty

Back to top Go down

Low Budget High Flow Exhaust Insert
Page 1 of 1